PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Why do fans accept Trevor Hemmings

Double J

Patron
What would it take for him to sell the club?

Genuinely being serious when I say I won’t be paying a penny into the club whilst its owned by him.

Yet I see fans making excuses for him time and time again. It makes no sense. Do we have Stockley/Stockholm syndrome?

Any set of fans with any sort of standards would have drove an owner like him straight out of the club.

I wonder if it would. Is that his number now, or would he want even more of his investment back?
Who knows? I just picked a silly number, but then you look at it and think "is it silly enough for TH?"

Then why accept it?

Whys there not even been even a slight revolt in the fans?

Imagine if he owned Leeds and pulled the training ground stunt he did. Fans would be parading his head on a stick at Elland Road
In many ways I dont disagree, problem is we have an aging fan base, many of whom believe fans should be unconditionally grateful for his ownership, and far too few younger fans who even support the club, let alone care enough to protest.

In many ways I dont disagree, problem is we have an aging fan base, many of whom believe fans should be unconditionally grateful for his ownership, and far too few younger fans who even support the club, let alone care enough to protest.

Interesting and probably true.

I get your points it just baffles me.

If you don’t like a product or its ownership, why fund that product by purchasing season tickets, merchandise etc?

Yep, and the aging members of the fanbase will tend to protest in other ways - such as quietly, without a fuss, not buying season tickets.

Agree with this, 100%.

I’m 22 and I’ve been going on with my Dad since I was basically a toddler. Issue I’ve found is I have absolutely nobody (whether that was through high school or college) who supported North End. They all choose Premier League clubs.

Look at United, the other month, a majority of those who invaded the pitch were under 30. They have a voice and are active. We have an older generation following North End (not that it’s an issue) but I think a majority are happy to come on a Saturday, watch what’s put infront of them and go home after another drab performance, knowing they have golf on Sunday morning.

There isn’t anything wrong with that of course, but it’s a major factor (in my opinion) as to why the owner and PR get away with what they do/say.

Who knows? I just picked a silly number, but then you look at it and think "is it silly enough for TH?"
Hemmings and Riddler got lucky on the cheap YET again with the appointment of FM after the back end of season results, time will tell on that one.
What I don't get is why Hemming,s can't bring outside investment in if he really wanted too, let's face it he rubs shoulders with people dripping in money.
North End is a 'closed shop' it seems....sick and tired of it all tbh.....if anybody deserves relegation it's Hemming,s and his poodle....not Preston North End and most definitely not the long suffering fans!!

Yep, and the aging members of the fanbase will tend to protest in other ways - such as quietly, without a fuss, not buying season tickets.
It's actually really a sad state of affairs when you step back and think about that one. We have become a club that is so unfashionable that we now don't even have the fans to protest against the very man who made us that way.

What would it take for him to sell the club?

Genuinely being serious when I say I won’t be paying a penny into the club whilst its owned by him.

Yet I see fans making excuses for him time and time again. It makes no sense. Do we have Stockley/Stockholm syndrome?

Any set of fans with any sort of standards would have drove an owner like him straight out of the club.
Are you suggesting PNE fans don't have any standards, though? And I suppose your later point about Leeds fans possibly explains why many folk just regard them as a bunch of obnoxious, trouble making morons.

Are you suggesting PNE fans don't have any standards, though? And I suppose your later point about Leeds fans possibly explains why many folk just regard them as a bunch of obnoxious, trouble making morons.
I am suggesting that yes. And a lot of posts on this forum suggest that as well.

If we had any standards, there is absolutely no way Hemmings would still be owning this club.

I get your points it just baffles me.

If you don’t like a product or its ownership, why fund that product by purchasing season tickets, merchandise etc?
Problem is, I've got 2 lads who want to get back on Deepdale.

So I've got to put my own grumpiness to one side, as much as I'd like to withhold my dosh.