PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wigan Athletic v PNE - 30/07/21 - KO: 19:30 - Friendly

Sorry, it’s me that can’t asked a question right. Is he ready for a place in the first team squad or just better than Maguire.

Sorry, it’s me that can’t asked a question right. Is he ready for a place in the first team squad or just better than Maguire.

Hard to know yet. Can't be doing his chances any harm though. Obviously Maguire has his section of haters who'd rather see anyone else there. Sinclair has also not done much to impress playing up top, but I imagine those are the two most likely to be in the way right now.

Massive positive, for me, was Browne.

His journey back to fitness looks like virtually complete. He was looking good again. That alone was good for me.

Seeing those young players contributing so well was a real positive. For way too long we have just not given them the chance in these type of games.

Id say we should seriously be thinking of signing Thomas, I cant help but think we`ll come to regret it if he goes off somewhere else. Shown enough, for me, in the 2 games to indicate he offers something different in a positive way.

I'll go against the grain here too. I thought Bayliss had a good game and also Joh Earl showed some good and positive moves.

His journey back to fitness looks like virtually complete. He was looking good again. That alone was good for me.
Best player on the pitch but not sure if he could play that role against a Championship midfield.

Seeing those young players contributing so well was a real positive. For way too long we have just not given them the chance in these type of games.

Id say we should seriously be thinking of signing Thomas, I cant help but think we`ll come to regret it if he goes off somewhere else. Shown enough, for me, in the 2 games to indicate he offers something different in a positive way.

I'll go against the grain here too. I thought Bayliss had a good game and also Joh Earl showed some good and positive moves.
Played brilliant tbf. There were a few times he was last man on the ball being hassled with the defensive line higher up than him and I panicked but he just turned and pirouetted out the way.

Maybe, but both Riis and Maguire get caught offside a lot, so I’m not sure Riis would’ve managed to keep himself in line like that.
From what I've seen so far of Riis he would have been 2 or 3 yards offside by the time the ball was played. I hope it's an area of his game the coaching staff have worked on

Good finish, but had Ripley let that in most would be in uproar. Great pass from Bayliss

Hard to know yet. Can't be doing his chances any harm though. Obviously Maguire has his section of haters who'd rather see anyone else there. Sinclair has also not done much to impress playing up top, but I imagine those are the two most likely to be in the way right now.
Keeping feet on the ground, but Nmecha was only about 12 months older that JRG and never looked like scoring a goal like that. AN never gave the younger players a look in. Hopefully this changes and 2 or 3 of the current crop come good. If they're good enough, they are old enough. I'm a bit disappointed that Ethan Walker hasn't been more prominent in the last few weeks.

Keeping feet on the ground, but Nmecha was only about 12 months older that JRG and never looked like scoring a goal like that. AN never gave the younger players a look in. Hopefully this changes and 2 or 3 of the current crop come good. If they're good enough, they are old enough. I'm a bit disappointed that Ethan Walker hasn't been more prominent in the last few weeks.
I agree, been unused on the bench twice now

However we dont know how his covid absence affected him... couldnt go to Scotland because of it and so limited time with !st X1 squad....

He is the only one who excites me with the ball when given freedom to attack his fullback.....

As for JRG.... I've never felt he was ready and preferred JHW but he can finish..... just not sure the rest of his game is up to much yet at Championship level...

Teams like Arsenal and United traditionally give youth a chance and in recent history (last 30 years at least), we are reticent towards this trend.

Hopefully, this season will show a wind of change regards the youth.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Well done J R-G.

Nmecha didn't have the finishing, but he had everything else.

Ethan's covid, and also the lack of wingers in this side have both hampered him this pre season, sadly.

Would love to see JRG get some decent game time in the league. No harm giving Bayliss a run in the side, either. For me he had a good game & was looking to get on the ball. Most present I've seen him. Dropped deep to pick up from the centre backs and played a few creative balls from midfield