PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Hull City - 07/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Talking to stockley couple of months ago he was saying we don't have a striker coach. What's all that about if true. Also deepdale seemed so negative yesterday even when we were Infront. I honestly think people are just getting fed up. There was a great chance yesterday to get fans back. That show isn't going to encourage fans to return. There didn't seem the same togetherness. Just my opinion.

After reading many post match posts, I'm off to slit my wrists.
One shit performance and 95% of us have given up on the season before it's really started.
It’s last season as well. The writing has been on the wall for a long long time.

we played half of last season with a better squad than we have now and could’ve gone down apart from some dead rubber wins at the end of the season.

Talking to stockley couple of months ago he was saying we don't have a striker coach. What's all that about if true. Also deepdale seemed so negative yesterday even when we were Infront. I honestly think people are just getting fed up. There was a great chance yesterday to get fans back. That show isn't going to encourage fans to return. There didn't seem the same togetherness. Just my opinion.
The negativity or apathy from the fans is making its way to the squad if you listen to Barky’s interview yesterday.

it’s a shitshow from top to bottom.

Courtesy of Lancs Live

Championship attendances (August 7):

Sheffield United - 29,043
Stoke City - 19,068
Bristol City - 18,729
Cardiff City - 17,431
QPR - 16,127
Preston North End - 12,452
Blackburn Rovers - 10,260
Luton Town - 10,019
AFC Bournemouth - 9,254
Derby County - Unconfirmed

Cunningham will struggle to play more than 25-30 games running up and down the pitch as a wing back imho. And Earl seems to be out of favour, again. Plus Hughes isn't suited to wing back at all.

That left hand side is a bit of a concern.
Cunningham was Ridsdale's solution to the left side problem. Too late now.

I looked on his Instagram out of curiosity at this shitshow and he didn't even post it on his main Insta feed. He posted it on his story. You have to specifically click on his story to view it. It isn't rubbing it in anyone's face at all. I think all that the outrage around his Instagram shows is that the over 40s shouldn't get involved with social media.
The bloke is on the best part of £20k a week. That is £1,000,000 a year. Read that again and consider that against what you, your mates, family earn. He is captain of our club. Anyone with a brain cell knows that anything that you put on social media has the risk of getting out in the public domain. As such he should have the intelligence to not post anything. The fact that he did shows to me that “he does not get it” ie you should not have to be told, you should understand the impact it will have on the fans. He is not good enough to be our captain but it is not his fault he is but by being it carries responsibility. His interview on radio lancs yesterday is what you would expect ie towed the party line but i expect that based on his tone/delivery he is not going to stand up in the dressing room at half time and deliver a bollocking/motivational “speech” to the team. We should have got shut of him in the transfer window and used his wages towards a forward. Maybe a tough decision but dj is a better player in his position and our cash/limited resources needs to be in buying a forward. I fear for this season. This is not just down to our captain but a host of issues in the club.

After reading many post match posts, I'm off to slit my wrists.
One shit performance and 95% of us have given up on the season before it's really started.
The problem is, Hodgey, it’s on the back of a whole host of shit performances last season and we’ve not strengthened the squad so quite understandably there‘s going to be a lot of concern and negativity. Early days of course but I do think the writing has been on the wall for some time now. The decent end to last season just papered over the cracks imho.

The problem is, Hodgey, it’s on the back of a whole host of shit performances last season and we’ve not strengthened the squad so quite understandably there‘s going to be a lot of concern and negativity. Early days of course but I do think the writing has been on the wall for some time now. The decent end to last season just papered over the cracks imho.

Losing is one thing; the manner in which we lost yesterday is definitely another and cause for concern.

For the most part he's been dire for months. I get that he got played at FB so obviously hasn't helped but I thought he was really poor yesterday played in his supposed "proper" position.

Early days obviously but he's the captain, he's supposed to be leading by example. He needs to pull his finger out.
Overpaid & overrated, the silent captain, he should be organising & shouting at his team, especially during that shit show.

It’s last season as well. The writing has been on the wall for a long long time.

we played half of last season with a better squad than we have now and could’ve gone down apart from some dead rubber wins at the end of the season.
If we could have gone down, Ken, how could those wins have been dead rubbers?

All these arse-wipes demanding footballers now apologise for poor performances need to grow up a bit. How many of you lot phone/message all your customers after a bad day at work apologising for, say, your failure to hit today's sales or productivity targets? It's just footy.
I can just imagine some of you getting home from the match. 'That was terrible...I'll jolly well demand an apology for that.'

The negativity or apathy from the fans is making its way to the squad if you listen to Barky’s interview yesterday.

it’s a shitshow from top to bottom.

I don't think you can blame the fans for making the players negative.

They can see with their own eyes what is going on. Pearson's interview with the FTF podcast confirmed that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he specifically change that at half time?
He changed it at halftime because Barky was booked and he didn't trust him against their winger.

He put him up front because he knew Riis wouldn't last 90 minutes and he wanted to keep some pace on the pitch.

As it goes, he had a good 10 minutes and then spent the rest of his time making single runs, while pointing to other people where he wanted them to pass......