PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Huddersfield Town v PNE - 17/08/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

So the posts I've seen of yours recently along the lines of "fuck off" and "bollocks" fall into what category?
Those were responses to other non attending know it alls. Try quoting my view on the game I watched. You simply try to cause arguments by going against whatever posters are saying just for effect
Show where I said fuck off.

McAvoy: "For me, we looked like the team I know we can be".

Very frightening comment and he should not be here by lunchtime today.
Crap clueless manager crap half hearted players, not fussed that much chairman and don’t get me started on Rizla, the whole place stinks😪

We had a creative mid field player but we sold him to Bournemouth without replacement.
This seems to be the standard wording whenever we sell anyone now - and not just 'without replacement' but of a same or better standard and that is 100% down to TH and no one else. I do not believe TH really cares otherwise he would do more to try and make us one of the main contenders in this division.

The worry for me is we've played 2 teams who will struggle this season & 1 who are a reasonable side but nothing special & have come away empty handed.

If he genuinely believes that he has to go.

Laughable.
Both teams were absolutely awful.

No-one with any semblance of reality could even call that entertainment.

Shameful.

Goodness knows what FM is on about. If he thinks that dross is "where we need to be", I can think of where he doesn't need to be anywhere near: Deepdale.

72-73 we lost 3 and drew 1 and finished one above relegation
We lost the first 3 in 87-88 and finished 16th in Div 3
89-90 we lost the first 3, drew the next and then lost the 5th and finished 19th in Div 3

I don't have any earlier stuff to hand.
In the 1989-90 season if we include the League cup games we played our first 7 games we drew 1 and lost 6.

At the start of the 1987-88 season our first 23 league games resulted in 4 wins, 7 draws and 12 defeats and ended the season in 16th spot. Our manager that season was John McGrath

From the start of the 1983-84 season our first 15 league games resulted in 2 wins 4 draws and 9 defeats - 8 of those defeats were consecutive. Again we ended the season in 16th spot.

The season before, from the start of the 1981-82 season our first 12 League games resulted in 1 win, 6 draws and 6 defeats. We ended the season in 14th spot

The start of the 1978-79season the 13 first games in the league resulted in 1 win, 4 draws and 8 defeats. Finishing the season in 7th spot. Our manager was Nobby Stiles.

The previous season (1977-78) under Nobby Stiles our first 8 league games resulted in 1 win, 5 drawn and 2 defeats. We got promoted that season from the Third Division in 3rd place

I’ll look at other seasons when I get the chance.

3 games, 4 errors leading to goals from 2 centre backs.

Storey had a decent game last night, just left His comedy partner Lindsay to throw the game away
Lindsay threw the game away....what a load of shit.

He headed the ball to their player on the halfway line, plenty could have been done to stop the goal after that.

It was Whiteman who was in absolute no man's land for the goal wasn't it? Allowing them a free route on goal.

in 1909 we lost the first 3 then drew the next. finished in 12th place above Spurs and Chelsea, And no i wasn't there. Just saying.
When I played for 55th Red Rose in the 80s LEP Sunday league, we lost our first three then went on an amazing run, beating high-flying Continental Casuals, Pig and Whistle, and Carleton Street Metals FC. I don't know where it took us in the table though, because they didn't used to print it every week.
Just saying, like.
It CAN be done.

Have we had any comments from the club management following last nights toothless display?

I would hope there have been meetings and soul searching at every level.

To hear Whiteman saying how good last nights performance was is appalling, you were playing a poor team who were almost completely at your mercy particularly in the first half, you failed miserably to hurt them, lots of possession and no result.

Reactions: SF
When I played for 55th Red Rose in the 80s LEP Sunday league, we lost our first three then went on an amazing run, beating high-flying Continental Casuals, Pig and Whistle, and Carleton Street Metals FC. I don't know where it took us in the table though, because they didn't used to print it every week.
Just saying, like.
It CAN be done.
Our beloved club is a complete disaster at mo and if nowt changes next season it’s games at Burton , Cheltenham, Accrington, Morcambe etc etc ...oh and the donkey lashers coz they are coming with us 😂 Wise up Mr Hemmings you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s arsehole ! The lack of ambition is unbelievable.

Have we had any comments from the club management following last nights toothless display?

I would hope there have been meetings and soul searching at every level.

To hear Whiteman saying how good last nights performance was is appalling, you were playing a poor team who were almost completely at your mercy particularly in the first half, you failed miserably to hurt them, lots of possession and no result.
Agreed , shocking!