PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Peterborough United - 21/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Battle of the Somme at the end - bodies lying everywhere. DJ pulled his groin, was amazed he didn't go off and wouldn't be surprised if he's out for a couple of weeks now.

But unusual to see a game with both sides dead on the floor so early in the season.

I've not noticed anyone else mention this... any other views on it? For sure, it's the sort of injury that can really tighten up after a night's sleep... and not easy to shake off.

took bauer less than 20 mins,thankyou big lad,xxxxxxx

bauer should be captain,what else would make common sense,it HAS to be our pat.

bauer,bauer,bauer.

oh well,we just won,against a really attacking side,in peterbough,given our form,we look stronger at the back,bauer.

bauer

bauer.

bauer,ditto......

we are shit,but, bauer
Are you Bauer, fives? ;) 😂

Very harsh on Maguire, Ledson and Whiteman.
Maguire has received alot of stick to be fair, maybe for his goals or lack of which is fair enough.

However from what I've seen he does alot of running to open up gaps and his link up play is quite good. It's just not what we expected of a guy with his previous goal record and his size/stature.

He played well tonight. Though ultimately strikers are judged on goals.

I was struck by how many players from both sides simply collapsed with exhaustion at the final whistle. I do not think we are that unfit. The match was played at pace, particularly in the second half, it was hot and wet which saps energy. I really think that many on here are looking for fault where there is little to moan about.
I'll put my tin hat on now!
One of the more entertaining matches I have enjoyed for a while. Could, perhaps should, have been 5 -1.
Perhaps relief at finally getting a win?

Maguire has received alot of stick to be fair, maybe for his goals or lack of which is fair enough.

However from what I've seen he does alot of running to open up gaps and his link up play is quite good. It's just not what we expected of a guy with his previous goal record and his size/stature.

Maguire's previous goal record was that of a player with a great burst of acceleration, some pace and extremely sharp reflexes. As the result of injury and not - as I keep stressing because I am not in any sense 'anti' the fellow - any lack of determination or character that player simply does not exist any more. Yes he can still hassle and when he drops deep and receives the ball with his back-to-goal then - as I also keep stressing - he can hold the ball up and play clever little lay-offs. But when well forward facing the opposition goals and asked to chase after through passes he simply cannot get the better of any halfway decent defender. He might get a few goals playing off the shoulder of a 'big' centre forward providing him with knockdowns but there is just no point asking Maguire to be on the end of attacks that involve passing, movement and through balls. There was a time when he could play as Riis did yesterday - running straight at the heart of the opposition defence - but that time is gone.

Maguire stepped up yesterday when we needed it. He has his limitations as others point out regularly, but yesterday he worked his socks off and was a constant thorn to the opposition and he kept their defenders busy all the time. He contributed a lot to the performance and I thought it was his best game for a long time.
In fact everyone contributed well. Good team performance.

Stand out moment. DJ being fouled ridiculously at the corner flag and being pushed over from behind. Linesman ignored the foul. Precedent set. 30s later SvdB does the same to an opposition player with twice as much force. Linesman had no choice but to ignore the foul again.
Exactly as I saw it. Missed a blatant offside earlier too.

So now... the last 9 matches under Frankie

Derby (H). 3-0 WON
Coventry (A) 0-1. WON
Barnsley (H) 2-0 WON
Forest (A) 0-1. WON
Hull (H) 1-4. LOST
Mansfield (A) 0-3. WON
Reading (A) 1-2 LOST
Huddersfield (A) 0-1 LOST
Peterborough (H) 1-0 WON

Won 6, Drawn 0. Lost 3. GD. +6

Automatic Promotion form, that. Just saying. ;)

So now... the last 9 matches under Frankie

Derby (H). 3-0 WON
Coventry (A) 0-1. WON
Barnsley (H) 2-0 WON
Forest (A) 0-1. WON
Hull (H) 1-4. LOST
Mansfield (A) 0-3. WON
Reading (A) 1-2 LOST
Huddersfield (A) 0-1 LOST
Peterborough (H) 1-0 WON

Won 6, Drawn 0. Lost 3. GD. +6

Automatic Promotion form, that. Just saying. ;)
Strong stuff you were drinking last night, Regardless?!
Not sure you can count the Mansfield cup game either!🤣

1-0 at half time to Peterborough. Absolute bare minimum of what should be expected and people praising this.
You can only beat what’s in front of you. Yes agree but I expected this vs Hull and Huddersfield!