PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Peterborough United - 21/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

10/11 - Hume got 12
11/12 - Hume got 10
12/13 - Wroe got 8
13/14 - Garner got 19
14/15- Garner got 26
15/16- Johnson got 7
16/17 - Hugill got 10
17/18 - Maguire got 10
18/19 - Robbo and Browne got 12
19/20 - Johnson got 12
20/21 - Sinclair got 9
Garner with 26 when he was injured from November - February hahaha, he took the piss out of that league

Muggy conditions. Warm, humid and no breeze. Both sides were goosed.
Yes, you're right. I can't recall seeing so many players on the floor after a game. From both sides.

Good game though, great to see DJ as captain, hope he retains that. There is no reason to either a) bring Browne back or b) give him the captaincy. Hope Frankie recognises that. I want to see Browne competing for a place, not assuming it's his by right.

As for Bauer....what a difference his calm play makes in that defence.

I can't recall a game where we missed so many chances in recent memory. Its good that we created them but lets be honest, Peterborough are a very shit side.

Bauer was immense, great to see him back and lets just pray he stays fit.

Best first 45mins since Leeds away two years ago. Earls best position as LWB,His defensive capabilities are still lacking to be a LB. BFG a massive plus back in the side hope he stays fit seemed to make Storey more assured. Am afraid Maquire even though he didnt have a bad game,Twice in a position with ball at feet just couldnt accelerate away, and will never now be considered a threat.Though Uncle Frankie saved his bacon for a bit longer.his use of subs though was poor. Riils caused havoc when he came on,should have been on 20mins sooner.He seems to bring players on by rote.Pansy Potter was a disgrace and needs a long lay off,golden oppurtunity to give Rodwell -Grant a run. still a wins a win. 1500 lost souls might return next week.

Best first 45mins since Leeds away two years ago. Earls best position as LWB,His defensive capabilities are still lacking to be a LB. BFG a massive plus back in the side hope he stays fit seemed to make Storey more assured. Am afraid Maquire even though he didnt have a bad game,Twice in a position with ball at feet just couldnt accelerate away, and will never now be considered a threat.Though Uncle Frankie saved his bacon for a bit longer.his use of subs though was poor. Riils caused havoc when he came on,should have been on 20mins sooner.He seems to bring players on by rote.Pansy Potter was a disgrace and needs a long lay off,golden oppurtunity to give Rodwell -Grant a run. still a wins a win. 1500 lost souls might return next week.
Just as an example of how good Maguire was yesterday just have a look on the i follow highlights for his involvement in the Whiteman crossbar rattler. I’m sure a lot of his stuff goes unnoticed or folk go for a pee or a pie at the wrong time.

Potts was shite when he came on and he looked totally fucked at the end despite coming on as a sub. Is he fit enough to be a championship footballer?

Just as an example of how good Maguire was yesterday just have a look on the i follow highlights for his involvement in the Whiteman crossbar rattler. I’m sure a lot of his stuff goes unnoticed or folk go for a pee or a pie at the wrong time.
And the chance Johnson missed in the first half. Actually created a decent attacking opportunity in the first place but someone lost the ball, Maguire immediately won it back and gave it Johnson for the chance he curled wide.

Like I said about Whiteman, if yesterday was his first game for us people might have been more impressed - he obviously has some ‘making up’ to do with some on here. He isn’t the same kind of player he was but he can still be useful and his reception from the majority in the stadium yesterday suggests he’s more popular or appreciated than some think.

DJ had two excellent chances that escaped him but for bot he saw the opportunity to strike but took a small extra step, presumably to concentrate his effort, but missed. Had he struck both immediately, instinctively without the extra step I believe we would have all been celebrating!
Top strikers don't think too often, their instinct does it for them. DJ is close.... possibly lacks the confidence to let his nature loose.

Onwards and upwards really enjoyed the game created loads of chances probably more in this game then the whole of last season put together😂
Need to get rid of the deadwood but don’t know how this happen when most are on good contracts and league 1 standard at the very least.