PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Morecambe v PNE - 24/08/21 - KO:19:45 - League Cup 2nd Round

Dont know what Frankie learnt tonight.

Didnt give bayliss a chance yet again!
He learnt that Sepp is a better wing back than central defender.
He learnt that Riis should start on Saturday, possibly with Maguire.
He learnt that Iverson, Bauer, Whiteman and Earl must come back into the starting eleven on Saturday

Good game. Defensively poor again until Bauer came on though. Great finish by ledson as well!

This statement worries me. After attending Deepdale on Saturday and seeing what a great game Bauer had I can well believe it.

Issue here is lack of cover for him. It’s a long old season and given last seasons serious injury to him I cannot see how he can play more than 65/70% of matches.

I think Hughes is going to be a good LCB but I’m not convinced Storey will ever be food enough - he cannot dominate in a way a Bauer can.

Clearly no one convinced Lindsey can do it.

I also think we miss a proper leader at the back in the mould of a Clarke or a Lucketti etc.

To me a quality leader of a CB is a must. We cannot pin our hopes all on Bauer!

Perhaps Harrop is on the verge of leaving, and the club aren't involving him whilst the deal is being done.

Imagine, having offered him around all summer, if we were to finally get a club to offer an okay contribution towards his wage, then he came on for 10 minutes in the cup and got injured.
Harrop to Portsmouth on loan as part of a deal to sign Curtis would be good business IMO.

giphy.gif
Looks like he's having a chuck off. 👍

On coach on way home. I enjoyed the game overall. Morecambe are a decent side and will do well this season good luck to them. As for us we were good in parts and not so good in others. Scotty barely got into the game, and was rightly subbed. Maguire ran his socks off and did well and in the first half every time Riis got the ball he brought you to your feet. Potts was another who should have been subbed in my opinion I don’t like picking on individuals but I really don’t see what he adds apart from a couple of good runs but even then he lost the ball. Ledson’s strike was brilliant. All in all a good evening and I hope we get a decent draw in the next round.
Morecambe are a decent side ( newly promoted from L2).
They, in particular Stockton gave us problems until the BFG came on.
Without wishing to knock the result, look at our available options to improve from tonight bearing in mind most if not all league opposition will be better.
BFG to start, he steadied the ship, but other than that our options are limited imo.
Riis to start with one other if Evans not fit, Sinclair is not the one imo ( Ernest will disagree but we all have opinions) neither is Potts, so it looks like No Goals gets get another shot.
He did cause problems though against Posh and tonight , but Posh are amongst the poorest defensively in our league, and Morecambe are L1.
We still have big problems Trevor.......

Morecambe are a decent side ( newly promoted from L2).
They, in particular Stockton gave us problems until the BFG came on.
Without wishing to knock the result, look at our available options to improve from tonight bearing in mind most if not all league opposition will be better.
BFG to start, he steadied the ship, but other than that our options are limited imo.
Riis to start with one other if Evans not fit, Sinclair is not the one imo ( Ernest will disagree but we all have opinions) neither is Potts, so it looks like No Goals gets get another shot.
He did cause problems though against Posh and tonight , but Posh are amongst the poorest defensively in our league, and Morecambe are L1.
We still have big problems Trevor.......
They've signed 18 players over the summer according to radio lancashire. Maxed out the loan players. Robinson's put a neat little outfit together there.

This statement worries me. After attending Deepdale on Saturday and seeing what a great game Bauer had I can well believe it.

Issue here is lack of cover for him. It’s a long old season and given last seasons serious injury to him I cannot see how he can play more than 65/70% of matches.

I think Hughes is going to be a good LCB but I’m not convinced Storey will ever be food enough - he cannot dominate in a way a Bauer can.

Clearly no one convinced Lindsey can do it.

I also think we miss a proper leader at the back in the mould of a Clarke or a Lucketti etc.

To me a quality leader of a CB is a must. We cannot pin our hopes all on Bauer!

I've said it before, but Id rather have Huntington than Lindsay.

I've managed to attend the last 2 games. Got to say that although we need to be more compact when we haven't got the ball going forward we look exciting. 2 great games of football- end to end. The long ball has gone and we're playing quick attacking football through the midfield. The players have worked thier socks off in those 2 games, there looks to be a great team spirit. Sorry to be positive there.

Assessment of what. If you mean your posts I honestly couldn’t grasp what you meant. No offence intended.
thats a little rude ,little john,maybe other posts would be better for you,enjoy your evening,xx