PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

£100 contactless payments

if you protect it with a 6digit PIN or a thumbprint or Face ID in theory it’s safer than your bank card even if stolen. Hard to rationalise for most people because it’s such a new thing in effect. Similar to the reluctance when cards became a thing and ATMs all those years ago
I have a Huawei and it won't let me put my credit card on it so I can't use my phone.

Also, and trying not to be all conspiracy theorist about it, am I 100% convinced that the Chinese can't read into my phone?

Anyone know if it’s possible to put your own limit on your card? I like the convenience of contactless for small amounts - but I would rather that it cannot be used above about £30

Agree.. it really is in "our" best interests to keep cash circulating. The banks can't switch off cash.

Spot on. Money in the bank is only worth what the bank tells you its worth. If they agree its ever been in the bank in the first place. First they do away with paper bank statements, now cash. When in the future the net goes down, screenshot evidence you ever had the money will be worthless.

Spot on. Money in the bank is only worth what the bank tells you its worth. If they agree its ever been in the bank in the first place. First they do away with paper bank statements, now cash. When in the future the net goes down, screenshot evidence you ever had the money will be worthless.

Some folks believe the last 18mths has been about creating that financial crisis... and bringing about the WEF great "currency" reset.
Remember the WEF quote.. "You will own nothing and be happy"

Some folks believe the last 18mths has been about creating that financial crisis... and bringing about the WEF great "currency" reset.
Remember the WEF quote.. "You will own nothing and be happy"

Why would you be confident of the safety of your money in a bank , while at the same time watch the same financiers collude with govt to rob the country of its wealth on a daily basis.

As a Retailer within a Post Office i think £50 is enough for contactless, WE cannot know if the Card presented belongs to the person presenting it.
so at least inputting a pin gives a decent level of security.

You dont have to have an iphone. Mines a samsung and ive used it to pay for most things for several years. I dont go anywhere without it so its really useful.

They are, seriously, a lot more secure than cards.

I use my phone a lot to pay, to the extent that I usually leave my card at home, it's very handy and the wallet feature is handy for keeping track of spends without having to use online banking.

On Sunday when I head off to OT my train and cricket tickets will be on there and I'll use it throughout the day to buy stuff.

Though it's probably right it keeps being questioned, I used Apple Pay to spend £795 the other day which some would probably (rightly) feel uncomfortable about.