PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

A bit of photography

Barrow docks, taken with my phone, just as it was, no enhancement or digital jiggery pokery!
Did you go to Piel Island while you were there? I have a view of Piel Castle from my front room, across Morecambe Bay.

Some I took from Straya and New Zealand...

wmytunc.jpg

i67rki7.jpg

c6EYfDa.jpg

0bh2VDp.jpg

Tp8ajAe.jpg

4YoaJR1.jpg

FTTIapO.jpg

6cpLSPP.jpg

Mzv1wdf.jpg

yOjnu5Z.jpg

9A5YSgL.jpg

XU5emVU.jpg

nn3jt1z.jpg

3rDI3L3.jpg

wW16Rpp.jpg
The Wanaka tree. The most photographed tree in NZ I reckon. Awesome pics @Muzza

I've just asked my mates wife, she's into all that. Hers are 10 x 42 which is apparently mid range.

She recommends going into the 'In Focus' shop at Brockholes where you can try before you buy.

Not a bad place to get the feel for what you want.

Quality not a patch on other photos on here. But just an update. I did buy some very moderate binoculars with a little clamp that I can attach, and hold my phone camera lens to “look through the binoculars”.

Not really got to grips with it yet - these are a couple of shots - literally among my very first attempts. I would guess the heron was 80m away- and on the other side of a big glass window, so not so sharp

1630401440033.png

Quality not a patch on other photos on here. But just an update. I did buy some very moderate binoculars with a little clamp that I can attach, and hold my phone camera lens to “look through the binoculars”.

Not really got to grips with it yet - these are a couple of shots - literally among my very first attempts. I would guess the heron was 80m away- and on the other side of a big glass window, so not so sharp

View attachment 4589
That’s not a bad capture at all mate. It’s a good wildlife action shot. You’ve timed it perfectly and got the water drops too.
The swan is fantastic! Nice and sharp, properly in focus.
Just have a mess around with your settings in the garden with flowers (something that won’t fly away as you’re about to take the shot!) and you’ll get the hang of it and you’ll be able to get the shots without even thinking about what you have to do 👍🏼👍🏼