PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

I

IMO - this is not about living a single day longer - it’s about removing aches and pains, and sometimes fatigue and othe symptoms - so that the days you do live are far mor enjoyed

Gluten is found in some grains, with wheat being the biggie. So you need to ensure that you choose bread, pastry, biscuits etc are made with the right ones. It’s a pain at first- grabbing a sandwich or butter pie from the shop isn’t quite so straight forward - but IMO, well worth trying it for a month and see if it changes your life.

Rice is fine, potatoes, veg, meat, eggs dairy.

There’s more to say - but that’s the flavour of it.

Thanks Reg... Really appreciate it. But we aren't on the same wavelength with regard to health or longevity.............. In the main I live on baked beans, cheese , potatoes ( boiled,roasted and mashed). white bread , tuna butties.... I have sliced meats for light lunch.

I consider that I've had a good innings at 58 and to be perfectly honest I don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to drag it out any longer than it's already going. No, I'm not suicidal but don't tell the wife because there's no will been made yet.

Start advising me on a will then I'm coming to get you. :D .

PS..........On a sadder but very much connected note, I watched both my parents pass away at the ripe old age of 80 ( give or take) and they really really struggled for at least 5 /10 years beforehand even with our support. Not for me mate. :)

That's all true btw. (y)

Thanks Reg... Really appreciate it. But we aren't on the same wavelength with regard to health or longevity.............. In the main I live on baked beans, cheese , potatoes ( boiled,roasted and mashed). white bread , tuna butties.... I have sliced meats for light lunch.

I consider that I've had a good innings at 58 and to be perfectly honest I don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to drag it out any longer than it's already going. No, I'm not suicidal but don't tell the wife because there's no will been made yet.

PS..........On a sadder but very much connected note, I watched both my parents pass away at the ripe old age of 80 ( give or take) and they really really struggled for at least 5 /10 years beforehand even with our support. Not for me mate. :)

That's all true btw. (y)

The main thing is, as you get older, is to be comfortable with yourself and what your latter years will be. Difficult to predict if you will suffer a life-changing illness or change in your situation. I am pretty knackered nowadays, can't quite see the finale but try to be positive and even take up something like meditation and if necessary whatever floats your boat, whiskey, beer, footy.

One thing that comes for many in older years is ...everything that is not so apparent in your 40's and 50's, you basically die in your skin. It can be a happy skin, if you can acclimatise to the change somewhat. I recently got through the shittiest time of my life, absolutely horrendous through illness. I can't forgive the fuck-ups that went wrong, but I have to try. It's a bugger this life Libs sometimes,(y)

I had a choice 2 years back, have operation or die, I didn't die but the consequences are shit and were not included in the surgeons spiel, I can't nip out to the local but can create my own space and do what the fuck I want within my those confines.

Got to see this season out, I want to see PNE back where we belong, 62 years for fucks sake.

Ive been very ill with it, and i mean ill as ive never felt like before.

First tested positive on the 18th and the past few days have been horrendous. My family have been very concerned.
Hope that you are feeling well soon Raef….

Sorry to hear that you have been so ill….

That's all true btw. (y)

Good job I didn’t mention that most beer contains gluten- or you mind not have given it as much serious consideration;)

Whatever you do, it’s important to be happy. Just read my first sentence properly again before totally giving up on the idea of trying it for a short trial period. Going Gluten-free is hardly like signing up for sackcloth and ashes in a monastery!

Good job I didn’t mention that most beer contains gluten- or you mind not have given it as much serious consideration;)

Whatever you do, it’s important to be happy. Just read my first sentence properly again before totally giving up on the idea of trying it for a short trial period. Going Gluten-free is hardly like signing up for sackcloth and ashes in a monastery!
But you will get a sloppy bottom.

The main thing is, as you get older, is to be comfortable with yourself and what your latter years will be. Difficult to predict if you will suffer a life-changing illness or change in your situation. I am pretty knackered nowadays, can't quite see the finale but try to be positive and even take up something like meditation and if necessary whatever floats your boat, whiskey, beer, footy.

One thing that comes for many in older years is ...everything that is not so apparent in your 40's and 50's, you basically die in your skin. It can be a happy skin, if you can acclimatise to the change somewhat. I recently got through the shittiest time of my life, absolutely horrendous through illness. I can't forgive the fuck-ups that went wrong, but I have to try. It's a bugger this life Libs sometimes,(y)

I had a choice 2 years back, have operation or die, I didn't die but the consequences are shit and were not included in the surgeons spiel, I can't nip out to the local but can create my own space and do what the fuck I want within my those confines.

Got to see this season out, I want to see PNE back where we belong, 62 years for fucks sake.

I'm really glad you're still around reacher... Sadly you or I are unlikely to see PNE back at the top before we snuff it...... But if we keep breathing you never know. :D

E-Xrry6XoAQQt1Z

I

IMO - this is not about living a single day longer - it’s about removing aches and pains, and sometimes fatigue and othe symptoms - so that the days you do live are far mor enjoyed

Gluten is found in some grains, with wheat being the biggie. So you need to ensure that you choose bread, pastry, biscuits etc are made with the right ones. It’s a pain at first- grabbing a sandwich or butter pie from the shop isn’t quite so straight forward - but IMO, well worth trying it for a month and see if it changes your life.

Rice is fine, potatoes, veg, meat, eggs dairy.

There’s more to say - but that’s the flavour of it.
I thought i would go Gluten free for a few weeks, until i looked at the rip off prices shops charge, but most of all whatever you seem to buy gluten free, the Sugar and salt content must do you more damage the figures are horrendous.

I thought i would go Gluten free for a few weeks, until i looked at the rip off prices shops charge, but most of all whatever you seem to buy gluten free, the Sugar and salt content must do you more damage the figures are horrendous.
As with any healthy food, it's best to make your own. Anything with more than 5 ingredients listed is probably bad for you. :)

Few interesting developments today.

JCVI have recommended not to vaccinate 12-15 year olds. The risk benefit is not sufficiently weighted in favour.
US regulators have said they won't have sufficient data to recommend either way on Autumn boosters (data simply not available yet)
JCVI have said there's no evidence of decreasing vaccine efficacy, and therefore no rush to roll out the boosters until later in the year

Thats a relief

1) Fish
2)Chips
and
3) Mushy peas it is, in that case :)
I hate to piss on your chips but there are probably 10 different ingredients in the batter alone - unless they make their own.
You could always make yourself popular by asking for a list of ingredients. :devilish:

I hate to piss on your chips but there are probably 10 different ingredients in the batter alone - unless they make their own.
You could always make yourself popular by asking for a list of ingredients. :devilish:
Dion Dublin made a ginger beer batter on MasterChef the other night which Greg n John raved about!

Do you think you’ll still get jabbed once recovered? Stop this happening again in the future? Or just take the risk on exposed immunity?
Gut tells me to get jabbed now. The wife isn’t so keen. But I feel it’s right.

as it happens I felt worst Wednesday night into Thursday before I tested positive. Today I called in sick slept a couple of hours this morning and then have gradually felt better throughout the day.

Lost my sense of taste only for about a half day, really odd.

Am hoping there is no second wind to this. I do tend to sweat viruses out rapidly, I always have done. The wife is taking longer to recover but no breathing issues or any of the worse effects.