PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who misses out?

In the friendly against Celtic Harrop did seem to be trying to make an impact so I think there is still just a bit of a hope there.

God knows I've defended Harrop enough on here but if he can barely get a spot on the bench this season & now isn't named in the 25 I think all hope is pretty much gone.

In the next fans forum of similar I would love someone to ask Riddler what on earth we were thinking giving him a 3 year deal. Genuinely unbelievable.

This 25 man squad doesn't make any sense to me. North End have players earning very good money can't play them because they aren't in the 25, it's a nonsense .What's it all about?

This 25 man squad doesn't make any sense to me. North End have players earning very good money can't play them because they aren't in the 25, it's a nonsense .What's it all about?
Suppose it's meant to stop big clubs stockpiling players but in the current financial climate when it's hard to move players on, it makes no sense.

Add in players missing through covid regulations maybe a temporary uplift would be helpful to clubs.

Looks like we have 3 out for this reason at the moment and another injured. Take out the 3rd keeper and we have 18 left to select from at the weekend plus the under 21 players.

We can play them in the cups and the Central League.

We basically have 6 players vying for 2 league squad places (7 players if you throw Wickham into the mix).

These 6 aren't anywhere near the matchday league squad as it stands, so we're essentially waiting for other factors (injuries, suspensions, Covid, Wickham) to help us decide which 2 (or 1) from the 6 will make the league cut.

Why does the league have a 25-man squad requirement? To stop clubs like us running up a bloated senior squad with wages to match.

we're essentially waiting for other factors (injuries, suspensions, Covid, Wickham) to help us decide which 2 (or 1) from the 6 will make the league cut.
Or none of them if we sign Wickham plus another out-of-contract player.

I'd expect an out of contract player to be already on trial if another one was in the pipeline. We need people up to speed.

So, no Ripley, no Harrop, no Thomas, no Huntington, no Rafferty (why did we turn down a loan from Sunderland)

Anyone else?

Edit: Oh and Izzy Brown obviously. Won’t be far off at least 75k a week wages for people who won’t play a league game
Why give Harrop three years? What an absolute waste of resources and time.

To the person whom I said Harrop would w included in the 25; I stand corrected!

Thomas is a complete waste - why not loan him out immediately? Why didn't Raff take the loan offer?

Seeing as Olosunde is out for even longer now after his ‘wee knock’ against St Johnstone 2 months ago I’d not be surprised to see them submit Rafferty back in out of the 5.
I'd missed that, last I heard he was going to be available for Saturday. :(

Why give Harrop three years? What an absolute waste of resources and time.

To the person whom I said Harrop would w included in the 25; I stand corrected!

Thomas is a complete waste - why not loan him out immediately? Why didn't Raff take the loan offer?
I think the club refused the Raff loan offer, not Raff himself. Maybe they were hoping another club would sign him permanently

Could someone confirm whether the U21 contracted players available for selection?
Thanks.

t's certainly a lot of money being spent on players who are not good enough to not play league games.

Hunts aside ( different circumstances) its such poor recitument & retainment policy.

The fact no one would pay for them says it all.
In any remotely efficient business, Riddler would be on a performance review.

It's meant to stop the stock piling of players. Our problem is the squad is the biggest in the division now, unbelievably.

It's meant to stop the stock piling of players. Our problem is the squad is the biggest in the division now, unbelievably.
Blame those at the top.
They ( tell us ) that they know what they're doing.
I would have thought under Ridsdales Law we would have stripped the squad to the bare minimum, so we could sign the top players left without a club.
Still, we paid the taxman.

God knows I've defended Harrop enough on here but if he can barely get a spot on the bench this season & now isn't named in the 25 I think all hope is pretty much gone.

In the next fans forum of similar I would love someone to ask Riddler what on earth we were thinking giving him a 3 year deal. Genuinely unbelievable.
Yep. He’s garbage. That new deal beggars belief. 26 in December - who’s paying cash for him?