PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 11/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

We know a lack of being clinical is often an issue but will always take a point away in the Championship.

Given Frankie subs it looks like he settled for that.

Last edited:
Point & clean sheet is always welcome but you feel we still need that elusive striker to score us the goals to win games Maguire is never going to get the goals we need. 2 points dropped for me but at least we didn't drop all 3 to a late goal.

I'll take that. Keeps our bit of a run going and we didn't give Bristol their first home win in 13.
That is only our 3rd away draw in the last 26 league away games and we haven't had an away score draw since Norwich in August last year.
Always good to keep a clean sheet. We have a toughie at Bramall Lane now.
Changing tack Hull have failed to score in 5 games since they scored 4 here and have only got 2 more points.
We've improved from that extremely low base!

It's a good point on the road at Bristol City, keeps the unbeaten run going and we played some great stuff at times.

DJ was excellent and seems to be back to his best, Earl and SVDB growing in their wing back positions. McCann started to grow into the game in the last 5 minutes. Strong bench, Barky and Evans still to come back. We appear to have a plan, which we didn't have last season, there's a lot more to be positive about IMHO.

We don't look like the relegation fodder many predicted.

North End are never going to lose at Ashton Gate so will always take at least a point. Frankie clearly happy with that with those subs which seem a bit odd.

Think Wickham signing is a certainty now.
Psst…we lost there in January

how is he marked,2-1,please reply,

Right, I know I can be cryptic but I don't understand your question :)?

If you mean is he double-marked I'd say no. He makes some intelligent runs to get away from defenders but slipped twice in the second half at crucial times.

North End are never going to lose at Ashton Gate so will always take at least a point. Frankie clearly happy with that with those subs which seem a bit odd.

Think Wickham signing is a certainty now.

Yes, taking Riis off and having limited options for a direct replacement seemed to put us on the back foot.

Clearly shows how desperate we are to strengthen in that department.

Winning your home games and drawing away with any consistency is usually a recipe for mid-table comfort at the least. We obviously needed another striker to come on later on. That is where Sinclair or possibly this fellow Wickham might have given us what we were lacking. Maguire will work hard and play some nice lay-offs but he isn't going to pose anything more than an occasional goal threat. But we have now shown we can get points and we may do better in a higher tempo match on Tuesday.

Yes, taking Riis off and having limited options for a direct replacement seemed to put us on the back foot.

I thought Murphy would come on for Riis?

Given we had a strong bench but no striker, signing Wickham looks very likely to me.

We know a lack of being clinical is often an issue but will always take a point away in the Championship.

yes jk,we tried but didnt score,a draw,no-one is happy,on we go...

Hard place to go these days Ashton Gate. A point away there will do for me.

Luton equalised against Rovers in 98th minute aa well, so makes our point even sweeter 😄