PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Sheffield United - 14/09/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Only just back from the gym and seen the result.
Said it before and I'll say it again, I think this Preston team might surprise a few this season.
Gtfi.
Oh and Blackpool get a good spanking three days after becoming world beaters vs Fukham.🤣🤣🤣.
Would have been a perfect night but Rovers pissed on my chips.😡

Hang about lad, are we not allowed to comment on stupid decisions? Everyone acknowledges the subs were wrong, so maybe before having a whinge at others, you give it a think eh, lad
Some are just too quick to throw the towel in and moan though, why not wait till FT before crying? At full time we can have the post-mortem.

As for those who say Sheff Utd are just an average team, if an average team is one that receives £10s of Millions in parachute payments and can bring a £23 million sub on then what does that make most of the other Championship clubs?

Very good point for us and FM has us playing some good football and it is obvious that the lads are playing for him.

You always have to knock Maguire….I have Blades TV half time analysis and Chris Morgan can’t stop talking about him.

I don't knock Maguire - I praise him for what he does well hassling and laying the ball off but note that he simply does not have the pace to get away from defenders when chasing after passes. What is inaccurate about that assessment?

We played reasonably well at a tough venue and have come away with a point. Looked like the fine margins / lack of quality was going to cost us again but the players dug in and nicked another goal.

Have to say I was surprised that we got the equaliser because we were totally off-balance following the subs and were struggling to keep the ball, but I'm pleased with did.

There's still a lot of room for improvement and I want to see less of these bizarre substitions from Frankie that make us worse.
Yep, the subs were baffling, I'm sure he'll explain the reasons in his interview, great point in the end though an keeps the unbeaten run going

Riiiis
When you have someone who can score, you keep them on, even if they miss a few!!!!
Some never look like scoring and some do but miss a few and then get called no end!
Brilliant for Riiis he's a striker who causes problems!

Not reading back now... but there should be an award for the poster who first called for Riis to be dragged off. I think it was in the first half!

Not reading back now... but there should be an award for the poster who first called for Riis to be dragged off. I think it was in the first half!
I said i'd swap him for Murphy at half time, definitely didn't say i'd 'drag him off', he just wasn't on it.