PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Chess

I think if you've got good logic it helps? And are you not likely to be able to process moves a lot further in advance if you are good at maths? Isn't it all inter-related?
It probably is inter related but I’m not sure it’s a given. Chess is about logic and strategy, and patterns which are all important in maths. Being bad at maths at school can be as much that you’re not interested rather than necessarily being bad per se.
I’m no expert though, and it would be good to see what experts in the workings of the mind think.
Some of these things can be surprising, for example people who’re good artists also tend to be good at Maths.

It probably is inter related but I’m not sure it’s a given. Chess is about logic and strategy, and patterns which are all important in maths. Being bad at maths at school can be as much that you’re not interested rather than necessarily being bad per se.
I’m no expert though, and it would be good to see what experts in the workings of the mind think.
Some of these things can be surprising, for example people who’re good artists also tend to be good at Maths.

Well, I'm a shit artist (not piss, before anyone says it) and I'm shit at maths, so the inverse certainly proves your point.

OK, I signed up after that first trial game, and played my first. Which I lost...on time, sod it. The guy came at me all guns blazing and I had him down to a King and 2 pawns, then blew it.

I`m gonna need time, whilst so rusty.

If anyone fancies a 5 or 7 day game, my username is ShortfallOfGravitas. ( Bardas was taken).

OK, I signed up after that first trial game, and played my first. Which I lost...on time, sod it. The guy came at me all guns blazing and I had him down to a King and 2 pawns, then blew it.

I`m gonna need time, whilst so rusty.

If anyone fancies a 5 or 7 day game, my username is ShortfallOfGravitas. ( Bardas was taken).
I can sympathise. I'm not very good at the endgame. Which isn't to say that you should now try and get me to the endgame :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just searched for you and not coming up :unsure:

I can sympathise. I'm not very good at the endgame. Which isn't to say that you should now try and get me to the endgame :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just searched for you and not coming up :unsure:
Try again..I hadn`t confirmed my email.

What are you?

I've just opened an account too. LostinSpace was taken so I'm LiSPNE.

Just played a few games and lost most of them, it was almost like learning all over again. I haven't played in 40 years so it figures!

I just need a few games under my belt, then I'll up for a game. :)

I found @jakehake by searching but it won't let me send a friend request. Any suggestions?

I'm on the web page and it isn't user friendly, at least to a newbie.

I found @jakehake by searching but it won't let me send a friend request. Any suggestions?

I'm on the web page and it isn't user friendly, at least to a newbie.
Weird I found you via email and it's lt me send one and there was one from Bardas waiting for me so maybe it was something on the browser? Only used the app so far sorry