PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Connor Wickham

So many experts on here, so many varying opinions, everyone is right they think, I prefer leaving it to those who have far more information.

If we take the risk and it works then great, if it doesn’t we won’t have lost too much on the gamble, or maybe we won’t even go there.

Whatever happens there will be grumbling from the experts 😂😂😂
So many get so much right on here though and it IS fucking obvious. Think of it in a maths perspective: if the sample is the amount of games he could have played in his career and he has missed a massive chunk of those through different injuries at different clubs (and he has) then the 'experts' are bob on. He is very likely to miss loads of games.

Fuck no. Waste of the manager's attention this.

Supposedly his Mrs has never been keen on moving up north, so no guarantees he'll even accept our offer once we've spent the time getting him fit, a club local to London might end up taking a punt.
Pretty sure I read his Mrs was a sheff wed fan so potentially originally a northern girl anyway??

Supposedly his Mrs has never been keen on moving up north, so no guarantees he'll even accept our offer once we've spent the time getting him fit, a club local to London might end up taking a punt.
Supposedly according to whom?

Surely there must be as good, if not better ooc options (with much better injury records), available on a free out there? Why take the risk? I haven’t seen him play, but from what I’m hearing and reading I would be inclined to say no thanks and move on..

Surely there must be as good, if not better ooc options (with much better injury records), available on a free out there? Why take the risk? I haven’t seen him play, but from what I’m hearing and reading I would be inclined to say no thanks and move on..
There aren't really, there aren't many ooc strikers about who might be within our reach;

Good point made there, did they have fixed term contracts in those Days or where they just on a rolling wage but still tied to the club via registration?
Not really sure on typical contracts but the long and the short of it is that the club could retain your registration even if the contract had expired and didnt even have to offer a new one. Basically the automatic free transfer didn't exist.

Not really sure on typical contracts but the long and the short of it is that the club could retain your registration even if the contract had expired and didnt even have to offer a new one. Basically the automatic free transfer didn't exist.

This guy helped to redress that...

Honestly, if you are going to quote me don't chop out the bit that makes it sense. The point I was making was that this may be a stop gap option for a target man when needed if they think that Ched's injury will make him ineffective. Don't pick and choose my words.
Could you please again clarify your logic regards Wickham, a player who can breakdown anytime, is a sound stop gap solution for Evans? 🤣

With the benefit of foresight not hind sight unfortunately.

Hope Wickham isn’t too serious

Did say earlier he’s made of quavers

All to predictable although I expected more than 7 mins 🤦‍♂️

I wasn't against the signing of Wickham, if we signed another striker. But we've literally spent all summer looking at strikers, with the only 1 we sign being massively injury prone, and he breaks down after 7 minutes of his first start.

This is after we signed an injury prone player in Izzy Brown, who also broke down.

I wasn't against the signing of Wickham, if we signed another striker. But we've literally spent all summer looking at strikers, with the only 1 we sign being massively injury prone, and he breaks down after 7 minutes of his first start.

This is after we signed an injury prone player in Izzy Brown, who also broke down.
Izzy Brown didn’t break down, it was an innocuous incident in training. Point taken still

Do we know anything about the injury yet, he got hurt in a challenge looked like to his knee or just above, RL after the game mentioned a hamstring injury.?? 🤔
Looked like a hamstring injury. Was a big hit he got caught with to be honest.

Such a shame. Mentally he must be absolutely all over the place after being out of so long and that happening three minutes into his first competitive start in 2 years.

People can say he's a sicknote or made of glass etc but the guy clearly just wants to play football and whether its wretched luck or his body just can't take it anymore who knows but he must be absolutely gutted to have yet another hurdle to overcome.

Such a shame. Mentally he must be absolutely all over the place after being out of so long and that happening three minutes into his first competitive start in 2 years.

People can say he's a sicknote or made of glass etc but the guy clearly just wants to play football and whether its wretched luck or his body just can't take it anymore who knows but he must be absolutely gutted to have yet another hurdle to overcome.
Gutted for him if it’s a bad un.
The lad must be seriously pissed off.

it looked like a knee to the thigh, maybe even as simple as a dead leg. It was a big whack he took though.

Nothing to do with being injury prone or whatever else he might get called, just one of those things that could happen to anyone - and maybe others might well have come out worse because it was quite an impact.