PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brad Potts signs new contract (Confirmed)

Put it this way, we played a very poor side yesterday and Potts didn't make much of an impact at all. I think this 'he works hard' thing is a myth, for me he runs around a lot less than most of our players, he just drifts around the pitch. He is probably about 6th choice midfielder and should never be put on in a forwards position. how he got a contact extension is beyond baffling considering we have players who cant even get into the 25 man squad.

I watched him closely last night and I think he did ok in what was a makeshift team that struggled to click properly, which is quite understandable.
No one particularly stood out, no one was particularly poor.
What I did notice was the negativity in some around me, as echoed on here, about Potts, the slightest issue and some were complaining, other players did similar things and not a murmur.

He’s the current target of the boo boys, they always need a target.

For a team with seven changes the team clicked very well. We where excellent in the first half and everyone that came in did a job.

McCann stood out a mile and also a nod to Hughes who I thought was excellent. It was complete dominance in the first half and should have been four or five up.

Fwiw I've not heard one boo for Potts. He frustrates the hell out of me because whilst he works hard he ends up passing sideways of backwards, touch often let's him down and he can't finish.

I'll support anyone whilst they are wearing the shirt but given the games against Morecambe and Cheltenham in which he has started he has offered nothing. It's noticeable that the inentisity increased when Browne came on in his place as we had eased off a bit too much in the second half.

I really hope Potts can prove me wrong in the next two years but I do find it a strange decision to give him that contract given its out strongest area of the pitch.

The fella has absolutely no positional awareness whatsoever.

Like watching a 4 year olds game when they just run following the ball.

Got a lot of attributes that he could develop to be a great player but very rarely uses them.

Strikes me as lacking a footballing brain.

Possibly could take the footballing bit out that last sentence.

For a team with seven changes the team clicked very well. We where excellent in the first half and everyone that came in did a job.

McCann stood out a mile and also a nod to Hughes who I thought was excellent. It was complete dominance in the first half and should have been four or five up.

Fwiw I've not heard one boo for Potts. He frustrates the hell out of me because whilst he works hard he ends up passing sideways of backwards, touch often let's him down and he can't finish.

I'll support anyone whilst they are wearing the shirt but given the games against Morecambe and Cheltenham in which he has started he has offered nothing. It's noticeable that the inentisity increased when Browne came on in his place as we had eased off a bit too much in the second half.

I really hope Potts can prove me wrong in the next two years but I do find it a strange decision to give him that contract given its out strongest area of the pitch.

When Browne came on the dynamics had changed, Cheltenham had gone more shit or bust to get the equaliser, fortunately we got 2 late goals instead to make the score look like it was an easy win, but at 2-1 I don’t think anybody inside the stadium was feeling that comfortable, and that Vassel fella was causing us problems.

When Browne came on the dynamics had changed, Cheltenham had gone more shit or bust to get the equaliser, fortunately we got 2 late goals instead to make the score look like it was an easy win, but at 2-1 I don’t think anybody inside the stadium was feeling that comfortable, and that Vassel fella was causing us problems.

Cheltenham improved in the second half and we had eased off.

Their goal did however come from nowhere.

We upped the tempo when Browne came on, it was as good a professional and efficient performance as you will see.

The first half was excellent.

Cheltenham improved in the second half and we had eased off.

Their goal did however come from nowhere.

We upped the tempo when Browne came on, it was as good a professional and efficient performance as you will see.

The first half was excellent.

They were absolute crap and clearly showed the difference in league places, we played well against a very poor team, their goal came out of nothing too.
Vassel harried our back 3 but our inability to put this game to bed earlier was terrible.

Potts offers NOTHING in any position he his picked to play, his strip was pristine AGAIN at the end, but well done him for blagging a new contract!!!!!

This little cup run has acted like defacto reserve fixtures which is all good for keeping players interested but it would be good to get a bigger (yet winnable) draw in the next round.

I haven’t been Potts biggest fan on here but thought he had a good game Tuesday night, actually saw him sprinting on a couple of occasions.

It seems like most feel that he is a squad player at best, whilst many feel that he’s not even worth that spot. Have we heard from Nightmare? We paid decent money for him and he always gets a good reception from the Barnsley fans. What did he show when he was there that we are missing?

They were absolute crap and clearly showed the difference in league places, we played well against a very poor team, their goal came out of nothing too.
Vassel harried our back 3 but our inability to put this game to bed earlier was terrible.

Potts offers NOTHING in any position he his picked to play, his strip was pristine AGAIN at the end, but well done him for blagging a new contract!!!!!
You really spend too much time looking at players' kits Billy.

When a player gets substituted, he almost always gets a handshake from the manager and sits down. Potts was took aside by Gallagher and had a reasonably long conversation, pointing to the pitch several times. I interpreted that as displeasure but at the very least it was unusual.

If Potts can’t impose himself against a lad making his professional debut and a league 1 defence, what’s his chances against Fulham, Bournemouth and West Brom?

I haven’t been Potts biggest fan on here but thought he had a good game Tuesday night, actually saw him sprinting on a couple of occasions.
I thought he did well in the first half. He worked hard and looked sharp, but I almost forgot he was on the pitch in the second half.

Stinks of stagnation this deal. Can't imagine we'd have renewed had we not paid a decent fee for him. Seems contract extensions are determined by protecting investments rather than performance. Another one who we will probably spend an entire window trying to shift in a year's time.

It seems like most feel that he is a squad player at best, whilst many feel that he’s not even worth that spot. Have we heard from Nightmare? We paid decent money for him and he always gets a good reception from the Barnsley fans. What did he show when he was there that we are missing?

He showed that league one is a lot easier than the championship. Was okay in the championship, and outstanding in league one. Which is why our fans have a soft spot for him.