PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Stoke City - 28/09/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
Matchday.png

1880badge.png
1200px-Stoke_City_FC.svg.png

Preston North End v Stoke City
Tuesday 28th September 2021 , Kick Off 7:45pm
Championship
Any links to illegal streaming sites will be deleted.

Last edited:
At Brum we slid back into the unproductive going-nowhere hoofball that we last saw at Reading.

"Unchanged" has run its course, we need to freshen up the side and get back to creating chances on the deck.

At Brum we slid back into the unproductive going-nowhere hoofball that we last saw at Reading.

"Unchanged" has run its course, we need to freshen up the side and get back to creating chances on the deck.
It seems to me the hoof ball starts when the wing backs sit back into a back 5?

It seems to me the hoof ball starts when the wing backs sit back into a back 5?
When we're under pressure then? Kind of understandable.

Its hard to see any changes to the formation at present - personnel wise the back 5 look secure as there aren't really any available alternatives. Johnson and Riis will stay in. Second striker - there may now be someone to come in for Maguire, but I don't see that happening today TBH. That leaves midfield, is it now time for McCann? (probably for Ledson).

I think we will remain unchanged.

Murphy for Maguire would be the one change I think would make us more 'threatening', but Maguire has been playing OK this season and Murphy is still an unknown quantity.

For me, you roll the dice on that unknown quantity every time, but I'm really not sure FM will.

Im not sure he is a good enough manager to change the team unless we lose

Can't wait to feel the whole ground rocking when our star striker controls the ball sometimes and has good movement running away from the box.

It's not all about goals...

Murphy for Maguire would be the one change I think would make us more 'threatening', but Maguire has been playing OK this season

Maguire been playing well this season in a way that supports a defensive approach that looks to grab goals on the counter. Very effective at getting points on the road but as we have seen blunting our attacking potential at home. The player I would bring in to partner Riis is SInclair - that partnership could rip apart defences in this division and should be given a chance to establish itself.

Maguire been playing well this season in a way that supports a defensive approach that looks to grab goals on the counter. Very effective at getting points on the road but as we have seen blunting our attacking potential at home. The player I would bring in to partner Riis is SInclair - that partnership could rip apart defences in this division and should be given a chance to establish itself.
Ernest,
please change the record...........

I think we will remain unchanged.

Murphy for Maguire would be the one change I think would make us more 'threatening', but Maguire has been playing OK this season and Murphy is still an unknown quantity.

For me, you roll the dice on that unknown quantity every time, but I'm really not sure FM will.

Im not sure he is a good enough manager to change the team unless we lose
How long do you persist with a striker who just doesn’t score? His xG in the league this season probably isn’t much higher than Iverson’s

Just OK

And that's about it.

How long do you persist with a striker who just doesn’t score? His xG in the league this season probably isn’t much higher than Iverson’s

It'd be unfair on him to say he has played poorly this season, but in itself that is part of the problem.

It feels like he's playing near his peak at the moment and 8 games in and still no goals.

It's a poor judgement to suggest that he is in the side as a foil for Riis. Their Combined record is 3 goals in 17 games and in that time theyve linked up for exactly 0 goals.

Dig out your waterproofs folks - looks like a wet one tonight - does anyone think it might affect the way we approach the game.
I hope the kit man puts the wet weather studs on the boots!! :p

When you play a front 2, you have to have one of those forwards willing to drop a little deeper- if Riis is to be the man playing on the defender's shoulder, I'm not sure you're going to get much value out of Sinclair's finishing.