PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Stoke City - 28/09/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Expert in everything aren’t you! Fucking hell enough of this shit I’m off out for a beer with my ex- footballer mate Paul Watson (Brighton/Fulham) as evidently I know nothing about football! Can you believe we all support the same team??! 🤣

Not based on your analytical comments or means of communicating with “fellow bobbers.”

Watched the game tonight. Stoke are best team I've seen so far, which backs up Frankie's claim of point earned. I think under Neil we would have been well beat. Ismael is a joke of a manager. Referees have now been clearly warned about the yard gaining tactics. Tim Robinson called them up constantly on it (although even then they still managed to do it on occasion). Glad we were the guinea pigs....

Stoke are a decent team.

But we need to do more going forward.

Midfield don't create enough and don't get involved enough in an attacking sense, leaving the wing backs and strikers to do all the work.

Ripley and Crowe excepted...
Also Jamie Jones. Pity we can't get permanent keepers of the same quality as our loans.
There were reports that we could have signed Johnstone which would have been good.
At least we've been able to keep Crowe and Ripley on the fringes and took speedy action when Rudd was injured.

Watched the game tonight. Stoke are best team I've seen so far, which backs up Frankie's claim of point earned. I think under Neil we would have been well beat. Ismael is a joke of a manager. Referees have now been clearly warned about the yard gaining tactics. Tim Robinson called them up constantly on it (although even then they still managed to do it on occasion). Glad we were the guinea pigs....
I'm not really sure the manager/head coach comparison really comes into it, after all we should have been beaten more than comfortably anyway if Stoke had any sort of composure in front of net. Albeit a good point, we were still and have been, in my opinion, horrendous at defending and a continual reliance of Iversen to earn us a point cannot continue as our luck with opposition poor finishing will surely run out sometime. Plus, we were more than a little fortunate that their keeper couldn't save a free kick that was almost straight down the middle!

On WBA though, Ismael should be deported for what he's doing to a team that is so technically gifted that a draw with most teams in the league should be viewed as a bad result. I know they're currently top of the league but Christ will he be killing their fans on the inside.