PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

25 Years in a Dubai Hell Hole

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
I can't get my head around this shit. I wonder if Johnson will have the balls, or desire to right this wrong, or will he stay on holiday pretending to be an artist?

A British football coach has been sentenced to 25 years in jail in Dubai after police discovered four bottles of vape liquid containing CBD in the boot of his car.

Billy Hood, 24, from Kensington, was sentenced for trafficking, selling and possessing drugs after he claims he was forced by police to confess in Arabic, a language he does not speak.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office said it was “giving consular support to a British man who has been imprisoned in the UAE”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-25-years-jail-in-dubai-over-cbd-vape-liquid

What wrong is there to right? He's been found guilty of a crime in a foreign country. Whether we think it should be a crime is irrelevant. Is the punishment harsh? Absolutely. But if that's their punishment then that's their punishment

He should have made himself sure of the laws.

In his defence, I think I know why he didn't though, the article says it's illegal in UAE because CBD oil contains traces of THD, 99.9% of people who buy CBD oil understand that it doesn't contain THD. CBD isn't used for getting high because it doesn't contain THD.

If it does contain traces and the CBD companies have been lying all along, then the traces would be so tiny you'd need so much that you would have vomitted it out long before getting high.

The UAE doesn't ban bread or bananas for containing traces of alcohol, does it?

Best idea is just not to travel to places like that.

Much nicer places in the world to go than that false gold plated all about money monstrosity.

I like travelling but I wouldn't go the UAE unless someone paid me.
Just like a theme park, the only old looking buildings in these cities are modern ones made to look old.

What wrong is there to right? He's been found guilty of a crime in a foreign country. Whether we think it should be a crime is irrelevant. Is the punishment harsh? Absolutely. But if that's their punishment then that's their punishment

Everything is wrong with it, What crime has he committed, the three highlighted?
sentenced for trafficking, selling and possessing drugs after he claims he was forced by police to confess in Arabic, a language he does not speak.

The sentence is barbaric and consequently ruined a young mans life. The vape doesn't contain THD, the judges should have had it tested and got a forensic report. I repeat it is a barbaric punishment for fuck all.

Everything is wrong with it, What crime has he committed, the three highlighted?

The sentence is barbaric and consequently ruined a young mans life. The vape doesn't contain THC, the judges should have had it tested and got a forensic report. I repeat it is a barbaric punishment for fuck all.
Correction...

Punishments are harsh but follow the rules and you should be fine. Learnt the hard way but fortunately only fines…

The sentence is barbaric and consequently ruined a young mans life. The vape doesn't contain THD, the judges should have had it tested and got a forensic report. I repeat it is a barbaric punishment for fuck all.
If we had tougher sentences then perhaps we wouldn't be in an epidemic of knife crime and rapists and killers wouldn't walk among us with impunity.

Always check the laws of the country you are planning to visit.

If we had tougher sentences then perhaps we wouldn't be in an epidemic of knife crime and rapists and killers wouldn't walk among us with impunity.

Always check the laws of the country you are planning to visit.

Strange comparison, possessing a Vape liquid and criminals guilty of rape and murder.