PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Barky talks about his contract situation, form, results, Frankie.

And for every Brentford, there are 21 other clubs trying to get into the Premier League and failing each year
Hasn't there been a total of 50 clubs who have appeared in the Premier League since it's formation?

Your attitude is exactly what's wrong with North End. No one at the club thinks we can achieve promotion, so we cut our cloth accordingly year in year out, happy to just bumble around.

Clubs with ambition put things in place on AND off the pitch focussed on creating a winning formula and constant progression of the squad, the playing style and club identity.

Teams that get promoted don't take gambles on 54 year old guys who've never managed before. Only North End would do that.

Nor do clubs aiming for promotion extend the contracts of never-do-wells like Harrop, take punts on Bamber Bridge midfielders or totally injury prone gambles like Izzy and Connor.

That's not planning for success. It's minimal effort with no forward thinking, treating each season in isolation, hoping there'll be at least three clubs crapper than us.

Good lad Barky, really liked him before & like him even more after this interview.
As fans we sometimes need to detach our way of thinking, for us to play for PNE is the dream, we wouldn’t imagine leaving & if we were to be paid decent enough money, why go anywhere else?? For players it’s different, it’s more of a job & from my personal experience, when a job has become stale or you’re struggling motivating yourself for the job in hand, it’s time to look elsewhere. If Barky leaves, I fully understand it & the best of luck to him. Sounds a very honest & level headed lad.
Yes.

But how about employment digging holes in the road.

In Winter.

Fully agree, some of the fan reaction to this has been very similar to that of the infamous Ben Pearson interview.

Pearson was absolutely spot on in everything he said, yet he took some quite immature criticism. Some even laughably suggested Bournemouth was a "sideways move" because they didnt get promoted on the first try. Now that Bournemouth are flying atop the championship, it's clear that he made a great move for his career.

From the interview, it does look as though Barky is having similar thoughts. And whilst nowhere near the player Pearson was, I think he could get a move to a more ambitious club without too much issue.

I dont understand how we can expect to turn things around if senior players are becoming this alienated with the process. Needs a serious re-think
I have never understood how a good many fans rate Barky so highly. To me he is an honest enough player who is just average for the division. Doubt he would set the world alight at any other club either.

I have never understood how a good many fans rate Barky so highly. To me he is an honest enough player who is just average for the division. Doubt he would set the world alight at any other club either.

Agreed. He is quick that’s about it really. No way he should have started above Sinclair (better finisher) or Murphy (also quick and probably a better finisher) especially with the recent issues he has been facing and these guys ready and waiting

Hasn't there been a total of 50 clubs who have appeared in the Premier League since it's formation?

Your attitude is exactly what's wrong with North End. No one at the club thinks we can achieve promotion, so we cut our cloth accordingly year in year out, happy to just bumble around.

Clubs with ambition put things in place on AND off the pitch focussed on creating a winning formula and constant progression of the squad, the playing style and club identity.

Teams that get promoted don't take gambles on 54 year old guys who've never managed before. Only North End would do that.

Nor do clubs aiming for promotion extend the contracts of never-do-wells like Harrop, take punts on Bamber Bridge midfielders or totally injury prone gambles like Izzy and Connor.

That's not planning for success. It's minimal effort with no forward thinking, treating each season in isolation, hoping there'll be at least three clubs crapper than us.

I don’t think it’s more ambition in every scenario. Clubs have got lucky. We have had enough chances haven’t we and on the day bottled it. If we’d had that bit of luck then we’d have been one of these clubs. At times we haven’t invested at crucial times… top of the league at Xmas, one player short etc.

It feels the same being an England football fan having seen Greece, Denmark etc win things. At times it’s been about on the day

I don’t think it’s more ambition in every scenario. Clubs have got lucky. We have had enough chances haven’t we and on the day bottled it. If we’d had that bit of luck then we’d have been one of these clubs. At times we haven’t invested at crucial times… top of the league at Xmas, one player short etc.

It feels the same being an England football fan having seen Greece, Denmark etc win things. At times it’s been about on the day
Our last play-off final at this level was 17 years ago.

Are we saying that's it, we had our chance?

Spot on. Brentford are the 50th.

Well, I'm asking you, you're the one saying "we have had enough chances haven’t we and on the day bottled it".

Which is correct. It’s not all been about a lack of investment there have been elements of luck. As for predicting the future I haven’t managed that skill…

For how long?
Before the shitstorm started and seemingly none of the players knew WTF they were supposed to do and it was defend defend defend.
Sinclair and Murphy are ( in FMs eyes) unable to do that.

Well he doesn’t fit in the team anywhere else as he was pulled apart as ring wing back as his lack of defensive duties were shining through

I didn't think he played RWB at any time V Derby, but to be fair for most of the first half I've no idea who was supposed to be where.

Before the shitstorm started and seemingly none of the players knew WTF they were supposed to do and it was defend defend defend.
Sinclair and Murphy are ( in FMs eyes) unable to do that.
So if he doesn't think Murphy can defend, why the hell did he sign him? Yet another baffling signing which makes no sense. Our recruitment policy for the last 2/3 years has been an utter shitshow....