PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Post your gigs.

Nick Cave was with Warren Ellis. Thyre touring their new album from lockdown. To describe it as miserabalism doesnt do justice to the dark, depressive, apocalyptic themes.....I hated it. I shant bother seeing him again unless he's with the Bad Seeds

Billy Bragg is always excellent. Last time I saw him was @ Union Chapel with Joe Henry, the night Trump won the election.

Me and Billy have both got fond memories of the Ulster Hall.

I had my wedding do there and, some years earlier, he was able to bring a copy of that day’s Belfast Telegraph on stage with a headline confirming that Thatcher was no longer PM.

Just got tickets for an acoustic gig by the Frank and Walters for next month in Dundalk. I’m pleased.

This Sat night at a Sold Out Ferret.

BritPop Acoustic featuring Mark Morrisss (Bluetones) Nigel Clarke (Dodgy) Chris Helme (Seahorses).

The one song I really really want is a Top 10 BritPop classic.

Love Is The Law - Seahorses.

Can't wait.

This Sat night at a Sold Out Ferret.

BritPop Acoustic featuring Mark Morrisss (Bluetones) Nigel Clarke (Dodgy) Chris Helme (Seahorses).

The one song I really really want is a Top 10 BritPop classic.

Love Is The Law - Seahorses.

Can't wait.

Been looking at some of these dates too for the same reasons, saw Morriss with Bluetones in Summer on their co-tour with Sleeper and seen Dodgy in the past but the Seahorses had some cracking stuff I'd love to hear again

Been looking at some of these dates too for the same reasons, saw Morriss with Bluetones in Summer on their co-tour with Sleeper and seen Dodgy in the past but the Seahorses had some cracking stuff I'd love to hear again
Tickets still available for Southampton on the 23rd.

Paul Heaton coming up this Saturday in Liverpool. Think it's the 4th planned date...

Well he and Jacqui Abbott didn't disappoint. In fact I think she sounded better than she has ever before. Paul seemed to be struggling with illness a bit but all in all a great gig and set list. The Liverpool Arena was absolutely packed.

Yeah that's the one, depends if we end up going away for a few days as it's half term too so still on the fence until we decide!
So I walked in at 2045 expecting a 2100 start.

Wrong.

As I walked into a totally packed Ferret (never seen it as rammed as this before, even with previous sell out gigs), Chris Helme (Seahorses) was playing his final song. Gutted that I missed "Love Is The Law". The one song I wanted to hear.

Mark Morriss (Bluetones) was up next, watched a bit of his set before retiring to the beer garden.

Last up was Nigel Clarke (Dodgy), what a set and what a top bloke post gig! My mate (Mark, EB) is mates with him, had a natter and they are deffo playing The Ferret again. "Staying Out For The Summer" and "Good Enough" were highlights.

Then all 3 came back onstage for around 8 songs as a trio, superb.

Got a photo with Chris Helme (who point blank refused my request to play "Love Is The Law" again when later up as a trio) although he did later sing, down my right lug hole, the lyrics "Strap on Sally, chased us down the alley, we feared for our behinds, Oasis was a shop with shoes so hot they were sure to blow your mind" which I'll take!!

Also got photos of myself with Nigel and my mate Mark (Evil Blizzard) who he knows.

Drank too much, spilt too much, ended up at a friends house drinking and ordering 3am+ pizzas before crashing out.

Shit start, epic finish!

Amazingly no hangover, just a shit gut!!

100% I am seeing them again at The Ferret.

Doves cancel their delayed tour. Sad do. Hope he gets the support he needs and feels up to it in future

1634897282026.png

Been addicted to Just Mustard over the past week and a bit.

Just seen that they're at Castle Hotel in Manchester on Monday but the fucker is sold out.

Not local but Hit The North in Newcastle looks like it turned into an absolute car crash today. Looks like 80% of bands pulled out at the last minute over some dodgy promoter that various rumours have been around for a while. They were told he had no involvement but bands realised he still did organise a lot of it seemingly

Tweet shows the scale of it (though not completely accurate as The Ks also pulled . No idea if DMAs went ahead

So as luck would have it the previously sold out DMAs show in Southampton tomorrow has tickets, and the elusive (to me) The K’s are supporting. So that’s next up now.

Watch it get cancelled now