PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Nottingham Forest v PNE - 06/11/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

… and the problem you would have with that is….? Maybe he will also mention the exceptional work rate at Dean Court and the hours and hours of travelling.

Any neutral would look at the week we’ve had - compared to Forest’s - and predict a fairly regulation home win.

I know when it’s your own club, it hurts - but this result was predictable- NOT because we included a scapegoat in the team, OR because we have a particular manager in charge. This happens ALL the time - to every club - with the exception of those that are up at the top of their divisions. The odds were stacked against us today, and we weren’t able to overcome the odds.
Totally agree. We were caught cold in the first half but theven defending for the goals could have been better. 2nd half we controlled possession but could get a clear cut chance which might have turned the game. Interesting hearing radio Notts view on it , gave us a lot credit for the 2nd half, a few worries from them by the sounds of it.
I wish the fans wouldn't massively over react to wins then massively overreact to losses. It makes no sense.
As a footnote, how do they get away with having the home fans in the tier above the away fans at the city ground? It clearly can't be policed properly, with only a pair of Nora Battie's stockings to protect the unfortunates below. A good few bits and bobs were thrown down on us when they scored the third. Took a bit of explaining to my little boy who was in tears.

After Wednesday I wanted to have hope but this will be without a a doubt the easiest kick around Forest have had all season. Not one shot on target in 90 minutes.

Toothless, spineless, complete rubbish.

The 2 wins paper over the cracks of a manager who is quite simply not up to task.
Even in the two games we won (Luton, Bournemouth) we have defended deep for approx 130 minutes out of 180. We had 3 chances V Bournemouth and scored 2.

Today was simply more of the same, defend deep and have the slowest of counter attacks it’s difficult to actually call them counter attacks.

These tactics will most certainly bring more downs than ups over the course of a season, fortunately i believe there are 3/4 teams worse than us.

Totally agree. We were caught cold in the first half but theven defending for the goals could have been better. 2nd half we controlled possession but could get a clear cut chance which might have turned the game. Interesting hearing radio Notts view on it , gave us a lot credit for the 2nd half, a few worries from them by the sounds of it.
I wish the fans wouldn't massively over react to wins then massively overreact to losses. It makes no sense.
As a footnote, how do they get away with having the home fans in the tier above the away fans at the city ground? It clearly can't be policed properly, with only a pair of Nora Battie's stockings to protect the unfortunates below. A good few bits and bobs were thrown down on us when they scored the third. Took a bit of explaining to my little boy who was in tears.

Probably in response to one of our own numpties throwing a bottle on just before they scored their 3rd.
When Samba reacted to the third goal going in there was a nasty incident with our fans pushing forward. I luckily grabbed my lad before he went down with them. Hopefully all lads got up and are injury free.

It mainly helped confirm we (still) can't play 4 at the back - especially not if the pairing is Hughes and Storey.
Not sure today showed that tbh. Did we look any more fragile with a four at the back today? Not for me, but that was mainly because Forest stopped attacking in the second half really.

But yeah, Storey in particular is just an absolute joker. I genuinely cannot believe some fans rate the bloke. He is shite

Not sure today showed that tbh. Did we look any more fragile with a four at the back today? Not for me, but that was mainly because Forest stopped attacking in the second half really.

But yeah, Storey in particular is just an absolute joker. I genuinely cannot believe some fans rate the bloke. He is shite
Have to agree.

Forest still found time in the second half to dance around our entire shambles of a defence to score their 3rd.

It wasn't just Storey either - all of them were crap.

The game was over as soon as Forest got a second. They were able to sit in and counter, and we don't have the quality to break teams down.

Having a team full of people who want to run in behind like Barkhuizen, Riis, Potts, Browne, Sinclair, and others is all well and good if you've got the first goal and can hit the ball over the top into space and play on the counter, but when we have to break teams down we are utterly toothless. We really need to start recruiting some creative, technical forward players, not just runners. The only route to goal at the moment seems to be to give it to Riis and hope he can charge through on goal all by himself. Our reliance on him and Iversen to get us points isn't healthy.

Our defence isn't even that steady with Bauer in, but take him out and it can become a mess. Storey was all over the place when he came on. Again, this is an area that needs looking at in the market. As for the manager I will comment in the relevant thread.

Probably in response to one of our own numpties throwing a bottle on just before they scored their 3rd.
When Samba reacted to the third goal going in there was a nasty incident with our fans pushing forward. I luckily grabbed my lad before he went down with them. Hopefully all lads got up and are injury free.
It probably was in relation to that. But the whole set up is an accident waiting to happen.

Having had time to reflect on todays game…there were two key moments that were major impacts on the performance and result.
Firstly, due to injuries replacing Maguire and Browne with Johnson and Potts.
The clanger here was to let Johnson and Potts swap their roles….Frankie had to decide who was the 10 and who was supporting Riis….he didn’t and it showed.
Second key moment was Bauers injury…really does show how important he is to our team and if he’s not fit we will struggle.

Let's be honest, people can scapegoat Potts as much as they want, but there have been 13 players today trying to pick up the worst player on the pitch award.

It's hard to select who has been the worst, but not one player has played well
I bet that @Yoowell will still blame Ledson (smiley face)

Forest still found time in the second half to dance around our entire shambles of a defence to score their 3rd.

True, but do you think it’s coincidence it went to shit when Bauer went off? Not only that, Storey was giving putting backpasses out for corners and giving Iverson the ball at chest height

True, but do you think it’s coincidence it went to shit when Bauer went off? Not only that, Storey was giving putting backpasses out for corners and giving Iverson the ball at chest height
Of course it wasn't a coincidence - it was a direct consequence.

We have a severe lack of centre backs who can play in a 4 at the back, including Hughes, who was god-awful again today.

We play a 5 with Bauer in the centre because - thanks to Ridsdale's buying and selling - that's the only competent defence we can put out.

Let's hope Bauer isn't out for long.

The game was over as soon as Forest got a second.
Oh I don't know about that. Potts should have scored to make it 2-1. I thought at 2-0 we could still get something but though we had a lot of possession, Riis aside, no one was showing a real attacking intent.

I’ve just watched the highlights and, admittedly out of context of the rest of the match, there were others equally as palpable as Storey. Hughes looked like he was treading water, Van Den Berg caught flat footed several times, Whiteman statuesque and Johnson looked powder puff. No need to mention Pottsy. It also looked like McCann let his man run unopposed a couple of times.

Players to blame for mistakes of course but the manager/coach to blame for a rigid system that can be overrun by a decent manager. Or maybe it just shows we missed Browne and Maguire.

I’ve just watched the highlights and, admittedly out of context of the rest of the match, there were others equally as palpable as Storey. Hughes looked like he was treading water, Van Den Berg caught flat footed several times, Whiteman statuesque and Johnson looked powder puff. No need to mention Pottsy. It also looked like McCann let his man run unopposed a couple of times.

Players to blame for mistakes of course but the manager/coach to blame for a rigid system that can be overrun by a decent manager. Or maybe it just shows we missed Browne and Maguire.
They all need a rocket up their ass, and a manager that's fires them up....every games a cup final.