PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Survival Tips

If you are stranded at sea do not drink seawater. You can however ingest it through an enema!

There is a way of purifying urine to make it into drinking water, Bear Grylls showed the method in a program once. I'll have to dig it up.

Also, if you aren't in an area without signal or internet, be sure to upload LeafSnap on your phone. It's an app where you can take photos of plants, leaves, wood bark or flowers and Google brings up results of what that is using Google Lens. Handy for if you're hungry and need to eat something but worry what's around you.
Why not then just order an Uber Eat's? Far tastier then some nettles.

In all the survival magazines I read, they recommend using your bra as a face mask if you're caught near bushfires or volcanic clouds.

In all the survival magazines I read, they recommend using your bra as a face mask if you're caught near bushfires or volcanic clouds.

That's interesting, it must act as a good bit of protection because of the padding. I can however see the conversation between survivalist and wife going a bit like this...

"Jane, I always carry this 38G bra with me. For the bushfires and volcanic clouds."

"And the condoms, Tim?"

"To collect rain water..."

"And the whip, Tim?"

"To use as a harness system for climbing trees to collect coconuts."

"Surely you don't need handcuffs for survival though?"

"I do if there's a bear Jane."

That's interesting, it must act as a good bit of protection because of the padding. I can however see the conversation between survivalist and wife going a bit like this...

"Jane, I always carry this 38G bra with me. For the bushfires and volcanic clouds."

"And the condoms, Tim?"

"To collect rain water..."

"And the whip, Tim?"

"To use as a harness system for climbing trees to collect coconuts."

"Surely you don't need handcuffs for survival though?"

"I do if there's a bear Jane."

I can see you've really (really) over-analysed that.

Besides, how did you know my name's Tim?

My wife saw this message, it gives a tip on what to do if your phone is dying and you are in an area where you might need help.

Basically, set your voicemail to instructions of approximately where you are, so even if your phone is dead, someone ringing knows whereabouts you are.

Also, if you aren't in an area without signal or internet, be sure to upload LeafSnap on your phone. It's an app where you can take photos of plants, leaves, wood bark or flowers and Google brings up results of what that is using Google Lens. Handy for if you're hungry and need to eat something but worry what's around you.

Feel free to add any tips you have, it could save a life.

Survival Tips :​

Keep breathing... :)

When slaves in the Southern States used to escape and head North to freedom they knew that moss only grows on the North side of trees, this is how they kept in the right direction.
This is true .... I have a friend who father served in the Polish Army in the War; captured by the Russians, sent to Siberia, escaped, and found his way back to the Middle East, thence to British Empire controlled land, then a ship to England....