PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

I've seen a few videos from this guy that really wind me up. But on this topic, he's bang on!

One small (but I think important) point where his explanation is slightly incorrect/misleading (actually he's accidentally underplaying, rather than exaggerating) - if my previous reading on Vit D is correct.... He says something like... at this time of year, when it's been so overcast, we need X units of Vitamin D.

However, I understand that the way the body makes Vit D from sunlight is pretty specific. It is not a straight line graph between sunlight intensity and Vit D production. The sun's intensity needs to reach a certain threshold before ANY vitamin D is produced... and at this time of year, at out latitudes, for most people, the sun never reaches that intensity. So it's nothing to do with it being overcast outside. It would be wrong for people to assume that next week's forecast sunny weather will do them any good - as far as Vit D is concerned, you might as well be sat in a cave.

Obviously, there are plenty of other variables involved, but I just looked at NHS website and it categorically states that we produce NO Vitamin D from sunlight between October and early April. So keep eating the right foods and Vit D supplementation.

Low vitamin D levels in the Brits is more common than people would think, I take a supplement all year round, didnā€™t stop me getting covid, but may have helped along with the jab of me not being ill with it.

Dr Campbell was promoting vit D almost from day one
Last winter the NHS was giving out Vit D supplements to the "clinically extremely vulnerable". I havent seen anything for this winter.

I was taking vit D daily during autumn/winter months before Covid and relying on lots of summer sun to keep myself topped up.

Last winter the NHS was giving out Vit D supplements to the "clinically extremely vulnerable". I havent seen anything for this winter.

I was taking vit D daily during autumn/winter months before Covid and relying on lots of summer sun to keep myself topped up.
Still taking my free ones that arrived in the post, 3 months late, will hopefully get another batch in the post, otherwise I will stock up in a week or two.

A golden opportunity missed to actively promote the benefits of good health particularly against this virus and some basics that any grandma could tell you. We got Eat out to Help out instead.
A similar story hear - although there has been a little bit of advice from the media, politicians, and doctors about Vitamin D, it has always been low key and does not tackle the biggest issue: the price.

My missus has been taking 4000 IU for a while, and I might join her now winter is kicking in, but they are a ridiculous price here. 18 Euros for 30 tablets in a pharmacy - that's a lot of money for such a cheap drug.

I will probably order some online (shops selling food supplements for bodybuilders tend to be a good bet), but many here don't know how to do that.

A similar story hear - although there has been a little bit of advice from the media, politicians, and doctors about Vitamin D, it has always been low key and does not tackle the biggest issue: the price.

My missus has been taking 4000 IU for a while, and I might join her now winter is kicking in, but they are a ridiculous price here. 18 Euros for 30 tablets in a pharmacy - that's a lot of money for such a cheap drug.

I will probably order some online (shops selling food supplements for bodybuilders tend to be a good bet), but many here don't know how to do that.
Screenshot_20211119-145356_Amazon Shopping.jpg

What's the K2 supplement that was mentioned - to be taken in combination with the D3? Anyone know about that... or recommend a specific product? Pls.

What's the K2 supplement that was mentioned - to be taken in combination with the D3? Anyone know about that... or recommend a specific product? Pls.

Some basic research - that took about 30 seconds - shows that Amazon stock D3 + K2 combined tablets. Don't know if they're any good, like! So any recommendations...

PRICES vary massively. They say 'you get what you pay for'... but not always the case... so... what to do?

I'm convinced and have just ordered some.
Last winter the government sent me a supply as I was identified as an 'at risk individual and had been a shielder. This winter - nothing.. Did I miss something, has Covid gone away? šŸ˜

Some basic research - that took about 30 seconds - shows that Amazon stock D3 + K2 combined tablets. Don't know if they're any good, like! So any recommendations...

PRICES vary massively. They say 'you get what you pay for'... but not always the case... so... what to do?
You have to be careful with K2 as it interferes with Calcium uptake especially if like me you suffer from Hypertension.
I take D3, Zink B12 and used Quercetin. I somehow doubt it makes a ton of difference yet vitimans bar Quercetin are so inexpensive I don't see a downside.

Also if you suffer from celiac disease its good idea to get Vit D levels checked at Dr's. My sister was diagnosed via blood of having an extremely low Vit D level and is prescribed 4000 iu Vit D daily. I take 2000iu daily as advised by my doc gotta be careful with Vit D also as it builds up and stays in your system and can cause toxicity with kidney problems etc (calcium stones etc)