PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

You have to be careful with K2 as it interferes with Calcium uptake especially if like me you suffer from Hypertension.
I take D3, Zink B12 and used Quercetin. I somehow doubt it makes a ton of difference yet vitimans bar Quercetin are so inexpensive I don't see a downside.
Might have to look at K2 - one of the problems here is actually too much calcium uptake because the water is so hard, and it restricts iron absorption. Could be part of the solution.

Might have to look at K2 - one of the problems here is actually too much calcium uptake because the water is so hard, and it restricts iron absorption. Could be part of the solution.
How did the human race manage to survive to the 21st century? :p

It’s so bloody complex. Hitch warning me off K2 (I’ve always been borderline with BP - lots of high readings - but enough low ones to let me keep the doctors at bay with their BP pill prescriptions). But Dr Campbell saying that it’s need to make sure calcium goes to the bones rather than muscles - I don’t like the sound of that! Maybe he explains more in the ‘long’ version of his video. And now you want me to take water hardness into account!

How did the human race manage to survive to the 21st century? :p

It’s so bloody complex. Hitch warning me off K2 (I’ve always been borderline with BP - lots of high readings - but enough low ones to let me keep the doctors at bay with their BP pill prescriptions). But Dr Campbell saying that it’s need to make sure calcium goes to the bones rather than muscles - I don’t like the sound of that! Maybe he explains more in the ‘long’ version of his video. And now you want me to take water hardness into account!
The water here is exceptionally hard - it basically comes from an aquifer in a limestone mountain. I never had any iron deficiency issues in the UK, even in a hard water area and with a worse diet than I have here!

Certainly might be worth having a chat with a GP, even over the phone.

I heard on the news the "new" variant which is now accounting for 1 in every 10 cases is more easily spreadable but the "good news" is that it comes with less/no symptoms. I'm not sure if this is actually good news or not. Obviously that people aren't becoming as ill but of course they may mean they are spreading it unknowingly...

Presumably if there are few or no symptoms it's being picked up by those who need to mandatory test for school/work.
They're hoping if people don't show symptoms, like coughing or sneezing, then the virus is therefore not spreading as far from a person, or as high a volume.

Are they the ones where you take one a day for 7 days then 1 per week after ?

It does say 20000

Yes that's right! I'm assuming they go from daily to weekly to avoid the body reacting badly to the overload of vitamins.

From what I can tell IU means International Units and what these units equate to varies with each mineral or vitamin. 1 IU of Vitamin D3 = 0.025 mcg. So 1mg = 25 IU... I think?

Interesting

I watched it this morning and it was interesting what he explained. Hopefully the media wont turn it into the usual divisive internet race spat - the key aspect of the story is not about any intentional racial bias. More that the monitor developed and widely used is largely ineffective for certain races. So Sajid is interested to know the make up of the control groups that were the basis of its development. Since he said there is a tendency for many medicines to be developed without researching impact on different sexes, races etc. The outcome in this case appears to be that the level of care and monitoring available for Covid patients was affected by the colour of your skin via this monitors efficiency/inefficiency.

Hey up!! Lets sprinkle a bit of HIV in for good measure :)

FE-fhlcWYAEVM3V