PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - 20/11/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Is there any truth in the rumour that, Ridsdale has more involvement in the dressing room than people would expect, which is why Frankie was only made head coach?

Can’t believe people thought the first half was good haha. First 5 minutes was good, after that it was more of the same against a shite Cardiff side.

Agree . Cardiff were woeful and one of the worst championship outfits I’ve seen at Deepdale. Their inexperienced manager fired them up , probably saying to his Cardiff players “these are one of the most woeful Championship outfits “, tweaked his tactics and proceeded to dominate us without a single blow landed in return.
Absolutely clueless and to think before the second went in he was only making a like for like change with Earl on for Greg. Well that will frighten the opposition, continuing with a back 5. He panicked and threw Scotty on too. In what position?? , I have no fucking idea and it looked like Scott didn’t either.

How did he orchestrate the wins versus Coventry, Luton and Bournemouth then?
Well firstly any shit team is going to win a few games a season.

Secondly, it might be easier to orchestrate a win against better teams by putting 11 behind the ball and counter-attacking. But that can't be done in all of the games so as soon as the game gets expansive the spaces open up and if we have no real attacking scheme, compounded by defensive weaknesses and mistakes all over the park then we're going to lose more than we win.

I'm a bit of an insomiac, and it got to about 1.45am and was still wide awake, even though I'd dropped half a Zopiclone, and I considered buying an ifollow match pass (kick off at 2am). I'm so glad I didn't (and took the other half)!!

Momentum from the play- off final lasted until about 2 years ago, stalled and then nosedived.

Around December 2019 it became obvious something needed freshening up on the playing side. Alex Neil was becoming too risk averse, probably because we lacked the extra speed, strength and creativity to push on and remain in the top 6. When posters on here (myself included) mentioned that we needed something extra and we were starting to go backwards, they were often shouted down.

Frankie McAvoy did well last season but he is a one trick pony. Any manager watching us for long enough will suss out how to beat us. Press the ball, force us to go long, get the ball back and drive forward breaking between the lines, if you don’t score then you’ll win the odd set piece which we can’t defend against.

Is there any truth in the rumour that, Ridsdale has more involvement in the dressing room than people would expect, which is why Frankie was only made head coach?
I don’t know about his involvement in the dressing room, but for an Advisor to the owner, he is far too involved in other matters at the club. He has wasted millions of pounds and should be made accountable for that. He will continue to waste money and we’re at a point where Managers are likely to turn down the job because of Ridsdale’s involvement.

Gareth Ainsworth immediately, put some passion back into this drifting ship , cannot believe am even having this conversation, if this 🤡 stays we go down.
Spot on, Ainsworth or Davidson for me, I am sure Ridsdale wasn't sat watching Strictly Come Dancing last night, with the prospect of Middlesbrough away and Fulham next up at Deepdale ,the wheels will be in motion.
Next Saturday could turn a bit nasty for our Peter.

Are you trying to say there are no better candidates out there?
I think Bhagwan meant to say something along the lines of ... "When you look at the list of people who are successful, there aren’t as many who are available as people think.”

It's a kind of attitude that means you can hire any old douchebag, with zero accountability.

Left with 10mins to go yesterday, seen enough to know we could have played for another hour and wouldn’t have troubled their keeper. Only the 2nd time I’ve left early in 20odd years of supporting north end. Couldn’t take another minute more of that dross.
In 7 outta 9 home games we've failed to score after halftime. (Three 2nd half goals in total - none of which came in the last twenty minutes) So, making a early dash is a fairly safe bet at Deepdale these days. You won't miss nuttin'

Such a terrible second half performance yesterday, they simply wanted it more than us. We looked devoid of any plan or urgency even with 30 minutes left and yet we did nothing. I had voted to give him more time but this can’t continue. He needs to go.

Spot on, Ainsworth or Davidson for me, I am sure Ridsdale wasn't sat watching Strictly Come Dancing last night, with the prospect of Middlesbrough away and Fulham next up at Deepdale ,the wheels will be in motion.
Next Saturday could turn a bit nasty for our Peter.
The Saturday after that could well be toxic. Even the happy clappers could rebel

When the double substitution was made, I watched Sinclair give the information to Riis about the new system. I think that it's fair to say that Riis wouldn't make a very good poker player.....

It means that a little pep talk to the lads at half time was the difference then we're not on the same page. Clubs like a fish, rotting from the head.
I haven’t a clue what he said at half time. You asked what I thought, not what McAvoy said.

I totally agree, we’ve got some serious issues at the moment.