PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

It is substantially a generational thing. We voted in successive govts that have fed the crisis. And looks like we might collectively do the same next time. What we’ve done individually day to day is frankly irrelevant.
In that case I’ll be as environmentally irresponsible as many of my kids’ generation. After all if it’s supposedly my fault I might as well make it my fault.

In that case I’ll be as environmentally irresponsible as many of my kids’ generation. After all if it’s supposedly my fault I might as well make it my fault.

Youre taking it personally when its a gripe against our generation as a whole. Ive never protested for Greenpeace etc but have generally voted for the mainstream parties that all have been meek in addressing the crisis that was obvious to them at least 30 years ago. So I can see why some of the younger generation might tar us all with the same brush. In lampooning Greta youre shooting the messenger. Yes, she might be annoying to some but thats not the point.

@egghead - I hope you came through this unscathed.
All good, thanks. I am far enough from downtown to not get caught up in it, close enough to hear it. Was quiet around us Friday night, I ended up where that happened the next morning and it was quite the shit-show.

I wonder if the above incidents and Rittenhouse aquittal are related?

Wisconsin police chief refuses to rule out terror after multiple people were killed and 28 injured - including 12 children when Ford SUV plowed into Christmas parade sending 'bodies flying': Person of interest in custody

Full Story Here

I wonder if the above incidents and Rittenhouse aquittal are related?

Wisconsin police chief refuses to rule out terror after multiple people were killed and 28 injured - including 12 children when Ford SUV plowed into Christmas parade sending 'bodies flying': Person of interest in custody

Full Story Here
We'll soon be hearing from his lawyer that he needed to defend himself against marching bands.

We'll soon be hearing from his lawyer that he needed to defend himself against marching bands.

You're disgusting.

I hope to God you're never in a situation where you're being twatted over the head with a skateboard or having a gun pointed at you and morons like yourself are debating whether you have the right to protect yourself.

I hope the same never applies to your kids with some nutcase 20 years their senior yelling "Kill him" as he runs after them and attempts to kill them as they simply try to extinguish a fire.

You're comparing those innocent lives lost to people who would most likely have committed murder had they not been stopped.

Fucking disgusting. How you sleep at night with the amount of troubling thoughts you have, I've no idea.

Been to Burnside much?
Funnily enough, once or twice, only as an interested spectator mostly though. It has had a lot of revamping recently, there was a time where it was in danger of being bulldozed as the bridge is being reinforced as well as an expensive apartment block that was built above it.

There is always something sketchy going on down there, once there was an, erm, adult, photoshoot going on across the street, another time there was a full-on homeless fight club thing going on. If my ankles were not made of glass, I'd be down there more often

Funnily enough, once or twice, only as an interested spectator mostly though. It has had a lot of revamping recently, there was a time where it was in danger of being bulldozed as the bridge is being reinforced as well as an expensive apartment block that was built above it.

There is always something sketchy going on down there, once there was an, erm, adult, photoshoot going on across the street, another time there was a full-on homeless fight club thing going on. If my ankles were not made of glass, I'd be down there more often
Yeah, it's pretty sketchy eh. Went a couple of times back in 2003, think it was definitely a good thing we went with 'locals'!