PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Poll - Is it time for Frankie to Go?

Should Frankie be sacked ASAP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Lancs Live article. Spot on. Not for the first time this season we’ve wasted substitutions making up for previous daft substitutions. Yes I know sometimes things don’t work but Sinclair for Ledson, at a time when we were losing the midfield battle, was clearly an awful decision.
Stoke game comes to mind.

Although we were battered and drew, there was a moment in the 2nd half we were on top, FM hooked Maguire on brought on Browne.

Browne, DJ, Ledson & Whiteman we’re basically on top of each other in a 361 formation to which we kept holding it to Riis when the change was made.

15mins later one of the 4 mentioned was subbed and Murphy was brought on to restore our 352, by then we had lost all momentum and was hanging on again once again.

That was the game for me were I wanted FM out.

Stoke game comes to mind.

Although we were battered and drew, there was a moment in the 2nd half we were on top, FM hooked Maguire on brought on Browne.

Browne, DJ, Ledson & Whiteman we’re basically on top of each other in a 361 formation to which we kept holding it to Riis when the change was made.

15mins later one of the 4 mentioned was subbed and Murphy was brought on to restore our 352, by then we had lost all momentum and was hanging on again once again.

That was the game for me were I wanted FM out.
Couldn't remember who that game was against. We were starting to be overrun in Midfield so he brought on the fourth CM and none of them knew what they were supposed to be doing so we ended up getting even more overrun. Tactical masterclass there. In fact with the double sub on Saturday the players has the same expressions and body language of "What are we supposed to be doing?"

It says a lot when people wont accept a manager was making a signal, but will totally accept his training regime is a complete and utter joke.

But that's where we are I guess. Looking for a few tiny crumbs of comfort, whilst accepting that the loaf itself is stale.
The fact that he didn't cup his ear to our fans doesn't give me any comfort. I'm just disputing the misconception that he cupped his ear to the fans
Just read that Lancs Live article. Spot on. Not for the first time this season we’ve wasted substitutions making up for previous daft substitutions. Yes I know sometimes things don’t work but Sinclair for Ledson, at a time when we were losing the midfield battle, was clearly an awful decision.
Oh yeah because Ledson was really bossing that midfield!

Frankie "sets the record straight" on EarcuppingGate, though I'm not sure I detect a clear denial in there.

More worrying is Frankie being baffled as to why exactly the same (shitty) "formats and philosophies" that worked last season aren't working this season.

Here's a hint Frankie: dead rubbers.

Frankie "sets the record straight" on EarcuppingGate, though I'm not sure I detect a clear denial in there.

More worrying is Frankie being baffled as to why exactly the same (shitty) "formats and philosophies" that worked last season aren't working this season.

Here's a hint Frankie: dead rubbers.

I was watching him walk off & I must admit I didn't think he cupped his ear although it was difficult to tell & could've easily been seen as that.

Frankie lives to fight another game and yet another game will pass by leaving the chances of salvaging something from this season even slimmer.

If we manage to stay up this season with these aimless, passionless and clueless performances what hope for next season?

Don't be expecting to sell very many season tickets serving up this shite and telling us your are misunderstood.

Frankie needs to go on Wednesday win, lose or draw and a proper football manager appointed.

Please give us some hope and inspiration rather than misery and desperation.

Ridsdale needs to be told he is stepping down at the end of the season and a younger person with modern thinking brought in to lead the club off the field. Fire off Just Sport/Nike for a start.

Ridsdale can have a seat on the board if his knowledge is so valuable but with no salary attached. Let's see how committed he is then.

Wasn’t opposed to taking Ledson off, it was replacing him with Sinclair that was the issue. FM seemingly accepted that himself later when he brought DJ on for one of the three forwards that we didn’t need.
The subs were given to the Fourth Official just before Cardiff scored but Frankie changed his mind once they scored, assume he was originally going to take Maguire off?

He may as well have just said his opposite numbers read him like a book… and at the very first time of asking (and ever since) he has had no answer to it. If your basic principles of football don’t stand up to the first bit of opposition scrutiny, perhaps the principles are flawed?

And if you don’t have enough in your locker to adapt / improvise / overcome, maybe you should let someone else have a go.

Just my two p.

I don't get why the club are delaying the inevitable 🤷‍♂️ Even if we get a result tomorrow Frankie ain't the man ffs he's way out of his depth those who think otherwise need a reality check

I honestly thought he would have been sacked over the weekend and after his most recent interview that would have not been soon enough. 😤

I don't get why the club are delaying the inevitable 🤷‍♂️ Even if we get a result tomorrow Frankie ain't the man ffs he's way out of his depth those who think otherwise need a reality check

That second half against Coventry a month ago bought him far too much time. As everyone said back then, it was papering over the cracks.

The Bournemouth performance is more damning than anything as it shows the level the players can perform at and we are not achieving consistently (or at all really).

I hope dragging our heels doesn’t prove costly.

That second half against Coventry a month ago bought him far too much time. As everyone said back then, it was papering over the cracks.

I hope it doesn’t prove costly.

In the Coventry game Bauer passed the ball across his own 6 yard box to a Coventry forward in first half injury time and only a saving tackle stopped us going in 2 down. I think we would have lost from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.