PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Riis

Alex Neil referenced all of these things about Emil when he was our manager. I guess my point is doesn't take someone who was good at it to be good at coaching it. Emil is a really untidy player and, despite some coaching in England with Derby, is still the same. It's his natural way of playing, and if you try and harness it too much then you end up losing his unpredictability.
Fair enough, trying to change him too much could take his edge.

I mean you definitely can coach someone to be faster.

I dont get how you can just arbitrarily decide which skills can be learned and which skills are innate.

It's hopeful at best to think 6 months with a bloke who has been out of coaching since being sacked by Southport is going to revolutionize his game.
Yeah pace was a bad example, couldn't think of something else. Long weekend for me too.

Managing is very different to coaching though, mind. Look at Arteta.

Rose tinted glasses I loved the blokes all action style , but I will always argue Ellis was good enough and had enough self belief to play at a higher level, shame he went to Blackpool but 75 goals in 158 starts for North End was a brilliant return and I always got the feeling if you’d have stuck him up front for Real Madrid he would have scored he was just that type of confidence player , self belief in his own ability, I remember him scoring a goal for the lashers at Stamford Bridge and it was sheer class .

When Sinclair has scored a hat trick at Bloomfield Road, while suffering a concussion, mention him in the same sentence as Tony Ellis.

When Sinclair has scored a hat trick at Bloomfield Road, while suffering a concussion, mention him in the same sentence as Tony Ellis.
What’s Sinclair got to do with anything? No one bar you has mentioned him on this chain of posts

Bizarre the amount of times you’ve slagged him off over the last 24 hours. Obsessed

We've gotta be gettin ready now i think for end of the season frenzy around him and hope to manage this well. Scouting his direct replacement now, looking at his contract now, and maintaining the development to get the best price possible. Best outcome would be one more season with us, in the championship continuing this trajectory.

Big opportunity for the club this to get on with doing player development and trading well.
Correct

This division must be the worst it’s ever been, how can we be 5 points of a playoff spot and only have won 6 games ??🤔

This division must be the worst it’s ever been, how can we be 5 points of a playoff spot and only have won 6 games ??🤔
Its always this close until after Christmas. Even then, a team can go on a winning streak and sneak into the playoffs. It's why it's the best league in the world

Don't care if I sound like a broken record with how much I rate this lad. In a better setup side he'd have scored even more this season. Ice cool tonight with a chance he'd maybe have lashed at earlier in his time here. We'd be fucked this season without him.
He's absolutely bobbins in his general play. Bagged a few this season though so we'll take it whilst the going's good

He's absolutely bobbins in his general play. Bagged a few this season though so we'll take it whilst the going's good
Apart from being the only player who can beat a man and create an opening, if that's bobbins then what is the rest of the squad?

Admit you're wrong.

12 goals with shite service, 8 in 17 starts in the league. Quality.

No he isn't. He is getting better all the time, in all aspects of his game.

His awareness of those around him is getting better as is his decision making when he gets in to the channels.

No he isn't. He is getting better all the time, in all aspects of his game.

His awareness of those around him is getting better as is his decision making when he gets in to the channels.
Anyone ever checked this guy's IP with We8PNE's?

Apart from being the only player who can beat a man and create an opening, if that's bobbins then what is the rest of the squad?

Admit you're wrong.

12 goals with shite service, 8 in 17 starts in the league. Quality.
I'd love to be wrong but I'm not. He's scoring so obviously we're happy. As soon as that stops he offers absolutely nothing.

I'd love to be wrong but I'm not. He's scoring so obviously we're happy. As soon as that stops he offers absolutely nothing.
8 league goals before Christmas and makes half of the chances for himself. He's a very good Championship striker and is clearly getting better, hence why an international side ranked 9th in the World have chosen to call him up.

No more needs to be said, your opinion is trash.