PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Simon Grayson leaves the cod army

Genuinely nice guy.

I bet he regrets the day he left us.
To be fair to him, he knew we were never going past the best point he took us, we just run on a treadmill going nowhere and hoping we don’t slip off. It’s all this club has ever wanted. Who wants to keep running and getting no further than where they started.

Think he'll struggle to get another decent job, maybe a league 2 or national league side might give him a go, his record since leaving us is very poor

TeamFromToPWDLWin %
29 June 2017​
31 October 2017​
11 February 2018​
8 May 2018​
6 July 2019​
12 February 2020​
31 January 2021​
Present​

Surely that’s it for his career.

Decent manager in his day, which we’ve thankfully benefited from, but he ain’t done a decent job since leaving us.

The Oldham job is available.

That's a club in turmoil and rather likely heading out of the EFL. Whoever goes in there is on a hiding to nothing. That said Grayson is now doing nothing given he's got the sack so ........ 🤷‍♂️

It's strong evidence that most appointments simply don't work out and the ones that do are trumpeted largely by confirmation bias... there I told you he was a great manager (hindsight).

Agreed. He was brilliant with my Dad and other North End fans, but also as a manager and helped bring back the feel good feeling to the club (only for others to subsequently ruin it!).
The first 2 seasons under Neil was miles better than watching Grayson's side to be fair, genuinely fancied us away from home against anyone.

If anyone ruined it then I'm looking beyond the managers.

Never figured out why he couldn't see that the Sunderland job was always going to be a Poisoned Chalice.
Never knew why he was sacked by Shitpool.......

What pthnorthender wrote ..... Yes he needs a coupla years out of the game, for mind & body healing.

Fleetwood FC are a mess, their Chairman's even dodgier than ours and the Law are catching up with him, so I've been told by one of the Cod Army.....