PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Helpful Products

Hi All,

I've heard about candles you can get to help relax you a little. I reckon this might help if I'm feeling anxious, I usually play a story-based video game to help relax me but I wanted to have a candle on my coffee table at the same time.

Also here's a list of things that help me with my anxiety. Please feel free to share things that help yourselves too!
- Neom Scent to Sleep = This is a spray which is used on pillows when you are going to sleep. Its used to help you settle and drift off to sleep. My Mrs got this from John Lewis but I reckon there will be alternatives about as this was a bit expensive
- Headspace App = A mobile app which can be used for meditation however again I use this sometimes to help me relax in bed. Its subscription based however there's a selection of sessions free on the app too.
- Notes On A Nervous Planet Book = I've mentioned this before on here but a book written by Matt Haig which discusses anxiety and things going on in the world that can make life more stressful. Example being the News - There's no such thing as a slow news day!
- Ickle Ickle Baby Bot bath bomb = This was a gift from my Mrs from Lush store. Its a little robot shaped light blue bath bomb. Having a bath with this can really help you unwind and relax if you are feeling anxious.

Also a couple of video games which have helped me if you like games
- Stardew Valley - Available on Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, PC and phones. You are a character with a huge plot of land which you tend to. No stress involved, just tend to your crops etc and fall in love in the world of Stardew Valley
- Forza Horizon 1,2,3,4 or 5 - Available on Xbox or PC. There's been 5 Forza Horizon games - Just a relaxing racing game where you are driving around amazing locations in amazing cars. You can go at your own pace in this and just enjoy the ride. Note: Forza Horizon 4 is set in Britain which is pretty fun - The map includes Edinburgh, Yorkshire Moors and also Ambleside in the Lake District!
- Firewatch - I found the opening 10 minutes of this game quite sad however once you get past the opening to the game its really relaxing to play plus the art direction of the game is beautiful. You play a bloke who has taken on a job as a fire watch warden in the Rocky Mountains. The game narrative takes you on an adventure. Very enjoyable

Some good ideas. Always quite an individual approach, depending on the stressors I guess. I do find being outdoors, often exercising but sometimes just walking the dog can help. Most useful isn't a product but writing things down - my stress usually comes from having too much on my mind, and ruminating, so getting things out can be really helpful.

Some good ideas. Always quite an individual approach, depending on the stressors I guess. I do find being outdoors, often exercising but sometimes just walking the dog can help. Most useful isn't a product but writing things down - my stress usually comes from having too much on my mind, and ruminating, so getting things out can be really helpful.
Outdoors is definitely helpful.
I get worse when I do don't any exercise so I play 5-a-side twice a week but not playing currently after knackering my knee. Itching to get back to be honest

I genuinely found exercise the best thing to help with my anxiety but I didn't find anything to cure it.

I found this website 10 years too late but it changed my life.

This is from there

An anxiety sufferer fell down a hole. A rich man walking by heard his cries for help and threw money down the hole. However, the anxiety sufferer could not buy a ladder to get out of the hole. Next, a doctor passing by and hearing his cries for help spoke to the sufferer saying. "I will arrange for a psychiatrist to see you." The sufferer was still down the hole. The psychiatrist arrived, asked a few questions, then threw some pills down the hole which the sufferer swallowed. However the sufferer was still down the hole.

Next came a counsellor who asked him many questions about his past then left. The sufferer was still down the hole. A priest walked by and and upon seeing the sufferer in the hole prayed for him, then gave him a bible to read. The sufferer was very grateful and read the bible. Unfortunately the sufferer was still down the hole. The sufferers family found him down the hole and suggested he pull his socks up and get out of the hole. The sufferer pulled his socks up but was still down the hole.

Finally a person who had recovered through the teachings of Dr Claire Weekes walked by and the anxiety sufferer called for help. Straight away the person jumped into the hole with him and the sufferer said. "What are you doing? now we are both stuck down here." To which the recovered person replied. "It's all right, I have been here before, I can show you the way out."

I genuinely found exercise the best thing to help with my anxiety but I didn't find anything to cure it.

I found this website 10 years too late but it changed my life.

This is from there

An anxiety sufferer fell down a hole. A rich man walking by heard his cries for help and threw money down the hole. However, the anxiety sufferer could not buy a ladder to get out of the hole. Next, a doctor passing by and hearing his cries for help spoke to the sufferer saying. "I will arrange for a psychiatrist to see you." The sufferer was still down the hole. The psychiatrist arrived, asked a few questions, then threw some pills down the hole which the sufferer swallowed. However the sufferer was still down the hole.

Next came a counsellor who asked him many questions about his past then left. The sufferer was still down the hole. A priest walked by and and upon seeing the sufferer in the hole prayed for him, then gave him a bible to read. The sufferer was very grateful and read the bible. Unfortunately the sufferer was still down the hole. The sufferers family found him down the hole and suggested he pull his socks up and get out of the hole. The sufferer pulled his socks up but was still down the hole.

Finally a person who had recovered through the teachings of Dr Claire Weekes walked by and the anxiety sufferer called for help. Straight away the person jumped into the hole with him and the sufferer said. "What are you doing? now we are both stuck down here." To which the recovered person replied. "It's all right, I have been here before, I can show you the way out."
Thanks for this suggestion - Just having a look on the site now