PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matthew Olosunde Signs (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On October 28, Frankie said Olosunde's new hamstring injury "will only be seven days for him, it’s nothing major thankfully".

That was 4 weeks ago.

He managed 60 minutes of a Central League game, after which Frankie said on November 18: "He is not far away - he had the game, a day to recover yesterday and then this is the big one to see how he reacts."

That was a week and 2 games ago, so presumably he didn't react very well.
We are assuming that he is still not fit to play which may well be the case. Alternatively FM might simply have preferred to play the players he chose.
No doubt we will find out at today’s press conference.

On October 28, Frankie said Olosunde's new hamstring injury "will only be seven days for him, it’s nothing major thankfully".

That was 4 weeks ago.

He managed 60 minutes of a Central League game, after which Frankie said on November 18: "He is not far away - he had the game, a day to recover yesterday and then this is the big one to see how he reacts."

That was a week and 2 games ago, so presumably he didn't react very well.

Vs Cardiff he started Cunningham so Earl was on the bench.
Swapped back over vs Boro.

I suspect Olosunde could be on the bench but wasn't selected as we don't need 2 full backs on the bench, so it will become a choice between Cunningham and Olosunde for a bench spot which I suspect will be Olosunde soon enough.

Also if Olosunde is made of glass and has a bad reaction to playing a 60 minute reserve game then that's not Frankie's fault. Maybe he's fed up with the situation/player.

We are assuming that he is still not fit to play which may well be the case. Alternatively FM might simply have preferred to play the players he chose.
No doubt we will find out at today’s press conference.
Maybe, although Frankie consistently talks about Olosunde as being one he'd like to get into the squad, as before the Boro game: "He’s got a chance for tomorrow night which is pleasing as we’ve not had the chance to see Matthew yet."

Are you suggesting that we shouldn’t sign certain players because we should have miraculous foresight powers telling us that they will suffer further injuries.
If we only sign players who have never had an injury, it will be a very small pool to choose from
Let's be honest, you hardly needed to be a clairvoyant to foresee that Wickham and Brown would suffer further injuries.

It's a strange one. Didn't he play 40 odd games at this level for Rotherham last season? So not quite Izzy Brown/Wickham situation of frequent injuries.

When you add in the Murphy loan not working out at all more muddled thinking from the club I'm afraid.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn’t sign certain players because we should have miraculous foresight powers telling us that they will suffer further injuries.
If we only sign players who have never had an injury, it will be a very small pool to choose from
Where exactly did I say that? You would expect maybe one a season but we collect them.

Because contracts work both ways?!
He's on a contract, we'd still have to pay him up!

We could release him and he might get fit and walk into Blackburn's squad (sound familiar?) I suggest we have a look at him first.
I know that. I guess I am talking from the perspective of why we signed him at all if he was not fit to play. To be fair he was signed in August and we and we are now nearly half way through the season ! Are we ever going to have a look at him and, if so, how long for at this rate?

That is of course true but I would suggest that the two you have mentioned where left out because of their performances.

Olosunde can't be left out on performances because no one has actually ever seen him play in a competeive game.
I think it says a lot that two players who we recently gave two and three year deals to didn't make the squad last night.

Both of them are piss poor. Storey had two ok performances and fans were buzzing when he signed a new deal. Now Lindsay is making the squad over him.

I know that. I guess I am talking from the perspective of why we signed him at all if he was not fit to play. To be fair he was signed in August and we and we are now nearly half way through the season ! Are we ever going to have a look at him and, if so, how long for at this rate?

Last Friday, PNE YouTube, closest we’ve got Joan. 🥺
Proves he’s not a figment of our imagination.

CD41F279-9CB8-4B3C-A4AB-30F51A59DF70.jpeg

We signed him because for two years he'd pretty much been a constant in the Rotherham side. He was then injured on our pre-season tour of Scotland. Without a crystal ball, no one can see that coming Joan. Frustrating but it happens in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.