PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2022 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Was he not? Tom Clarke was a fantastic servant throughout his entire time with us, but he was an average Championship centre half before and after his injury.

Still did a decent job whenever he came in and played. I’d say his reduced game time was more so down to there being better players than him as we improved the squad (Fisher at RB, Hunts & Bauer in the RCB position).
Clarke wasn't the same player after his and since his career has fizzled out.

Don't be surprised if the likes of WBA come in for Rils in January, £ 5 - 6 million bid would see him gone imho.
Typical depressing bullshit from a PNE supporter. Dumb as a rock to even contemplate selling Riis, and the reason why this club will never achieve what the likes of Rovers, Wigan, Lashers, Bolton et al have achieved, i.e. promotion to the EPL. If this club has any AMBITION WHATSOEVER it will be looking for a decent strike partner in January (after having potted Frankie and Ridsdale) to fire us into the playoffs knowing that whatever they spend will be recovered when Riis eventually moves on. Of course, we all know it won't happen, the hierarchy at the club can't see beyond the next Tax Bill....

nals
. Having a large building in a part of the city that is not often frequented by international students is probably not enough.
( With apologies to OPC , I hope you don't think I've taken this bit of your
O.K. imo post out of context , - but,)

Don't these International Students, when watching football/ f. related TV programmes , wonder what the initials P N E mean together, and have a lightbulb / Eureka moment?
🤔🤔🤔???........😀😀!!........😛👍

Wonder if anyone in the Championship will have a look at Rhys Healey who is banging them in at Toulouse. Manc lad, still only 26, did well at MK Dons before going to France.

Joe Rothwell at Rovers. Someone told me he was OOC. Backwards step for him though. Would love a player like that at the club!

I know its probably been said as i haven't read the whole thread but i cant see many signings in January as we already have 2 or 3 paid contracted players not even in the 'squad. We surely would have to move these and some of those in the squad on, on to make signings.
Not impossible but improbable, we would need to move 5 or 6 on to sign 2, presuming we (& Hemmings Family) don't want to continue paying good money to Players who are not even in the squad.

Wonder if anyone in the Championship will have a look at Rhys Healey who is banging them in at Toulouse. Manc lad, still only 26, did well at MK Dons before going to France.
He was a name mentioned in the summer. 27 in a week or so, so I'm not sure if he fits in with the "buy now, sell later" mantra that we'll hopefully head back down.

I'd be all over him given the arse has fallen out of French football financially but there's a lot of clubs over here already looking at him.

He was a name mentioned in the summer. 27 in a week or so, so I'm not sure if he fits in with the "buy now, sell later" mantra that we'll hopefully head back down.

I'd be all over him given the arse has fallen out of French football financially but there's a lot of clubs over here already looking at him.
Tend to agree about the age thing but we also need some value here and now in our signings, we got none of that this summer bar 2 loanees.

Pretty sure we'd easily get outbid on Healey anyway, saw West Brom linked just now, and Blackburn who might have some Armstrong cash kept aside. They could sell Brereton in January too.

Rumour has it that David Moyes wants to sign Ben Davies.
From what I have seen on the highlights of goals conceded by SU, Davies doesn’t seem to be playing to a Premiership standard.

Rumour has it that David Moyes wants to sign Ben Davies.
From what I have seen on the highlights of goals conceded by SU, Davies doesn’t seem to be playing to a Premiership standard.
He was never a great defender, particularly when it came to 6 yard box defending but his pace and ability on the ball makes him a proper asset.

Couldn't ever see him coping in a back four at that level but could be good as 'spare defender' in a back three.

If we're going to do anything in January we need to be prioritising a left wing back and better cover at centre half.

Earl's attacking output and final ball is simply not good enough for a wing back, and that back 3 that played today aren't good enough for this level either. I know they haven't been in the team much of late, but all 3 of Storey, Cunningham, and Linsday have been rewarded with new contracts by the club in the last 6 months or so.

This is why I fail to see us doing much in the market next month because we've given out long-ish contracts to far too many average players who don't improve us and will be difficult to offload.

Are you sure about that ... Klopp didn't rate him.

He played his kids before giving Ben a start.
There was an article, might’ve been The Athletic, about Davies and his time at Liverpool. In it, it said that Klopp expects players to stand out in training, Davies didn’t. He also couldn’t cope with the level training.