PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

NFL

Are the fixtures broadcast here in the UK? If so, does any local pub show them? I am not a fan, but know some Americans that live locally. Apparently, Thanksgiving is all about eating lots of turkey while watching the Lions play.
Wings & Beer in town shows the NFL

Are the fixtures broadcast here in the UK? If so, does any local pub show them? I am not a fan, but know some Americans that live locally. Apparently, Thanksgiving is all about eating lots of turkey while watching the Lions play.

Wings and Beer in town used to show the Sunday games after the footy had finished so worth giving them a bell I'm sure if you want to book a table they'll put it on for you. It'll only be whichever game Sky are showing.

Correction. Watching the Lions lose!!

They’re so shit, and have been since inception. Bizarrely they’re funded by Ford so have more money than God yet can’t produce a winning team. Sound familiar?

Ford Field however is magnificent if anyone is in that part of the world. Baseball park across the road isn’t too shabby either

Correction. Watching the Lions lose!!

They’re so shit, and have been since inception. Bizarrely they’re funded by Ford so have more money than God yet can’t produce a winning team. Sound familiar?

Ford Field however is magnificent if anyone is in that part of the world. Baseball park across the road isn’t too shabby either
I thought that in American sport it does not matter too much if an owner is rich or not (in comparison with the others) as they have strict revenue sharing and salary caps. Plus, with the draft system and no relegation the teams at the top make about the same as the teams on the bottom, there is little incentive to pay out unless they are close to a championship--and/or the owner's competitive instincts kick in.

It's strange that Detroit has such nice stadiums. It's a horrible city and one of the only places I regret visiting. It is such a shame as Eastern Michigan (Detroit to Flint) is horrible, but Western Michigan (Grand Rapids to the Lake Michigan coast) is wonderful and vastly superior. Northern Michigan is also brilliant. It's sad that with the closed shop nature of American sport a city the size of Grand Rapids would never hope for a team of its own.

I'm pretty sure money doesn't matter that much in the NFL.
I read somewhere that if someone buys. jersey for a team then the money made for the team is split 32 ways and every team gets an equal piece. Not sure where I've read that and may have spread lies haha.

Some NFL teams just seem to be bad all the time. I followed the sport in 2008 and every team in the league has made at least 1 playoff appearance since then. The longest streak is 10 years which is the New York Jets who made the playoffs in 2010. After that is 5 years which is the Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals which all have a fairly decent shot of making the playoffs this year.
I thought that in American sport it does not matter too much if an owner is rich or not (in comparison with the others) as they have strict revenue sharing and salary caps. Plus, with the draft system and no relegation the teams at the top make about the same as the teams on the bottom, there is little incentive to pay out unless they are close to a championship--and/or the owner's competitive instincts kick in.

It's strange that Detroit has such nice stadiums. It's a horrible city and one of the only places I regret visiting. It is such a shame as Eastern Michigan (Detroit to Flint) is horrible, but Western Michigan (Grand Rapids to the Lake Michigan coast) is wonderful and vastly superior. Northern Michigan is also brilliant. It's sad that with the closed shop nature of American sport a city the size of Grand Rapids would never hope for a team of its own.

Agree about Western & Northern Michigan. It's a beautiful part of the world. The beach at St Joseph, the Mackinac bridge, and the forests of the Upper Peninsula.

Stunning up there (y)

Did anyone watch the Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers game the other week where Aaron Rodgers scored and shouted 'I own you, all my f*****g life I've owned you, I still own you"

As a Chicago Bears fan that absolutely broke me! I was like a kid having a tantrum with their parent in a supermarket after being denied getting some sweets or something.
Rodgers was absolutely right though - He always beats us but I just don't like to think of it haha.

Its up there with one of my worst ever negative sporting moments with various bad results/news for North End.

How many others first really got into NFL through playing these games. RIP to a legend

Me. Madden was rated the best Sports Game on the Sega Megadrive, so I bought it not knowing the rules at the time. Been an avid fan ever since.

Don't remember Madden as a player but was a brilliant commentator, then again I'm not sure there's a bad one in the NFL

My team, The titans, are looking good for at least a wildcard and possibly better and that despite what has been a horrendous injury list to several key players. Looking like Derek Henry could be back within the next 2 weeks, AJ Brown now back too so definitely looking good.

Covid is having a huge effect on results. The Saints could hardly field a team against The Dolphins in a crucial game.

If it carries on like this, the play offs could be decided by who has the least Covid cases

Who do you fancy to be in the Super Bowl this time? Seems really wide open but I can't look past Green Bay (unfortunately as I'm a Chicago Bears fan)
Think Green Bay should win it however they've looked good before and bottled it in games like last season against the 49ers and previous years against Seattle and New York Giants.

I'd love to see Buffalo, Tennessee, Dallas, San Francisco, Cincinnati or Arizona to win it personally. Thats like half of the teams haha!