PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fan engagement update

I don't understand what the fans want??
"We feel a disconnect", "the club don't listen".....etc etc ... the clubputs an initiative in place and they get shot down ... it is no wonder Peter is unsure what the fans want???

Well it's not an initiative, that's the point. It's a made up title on someone who was already there. It's not being 'shot down', but there's nothing of any substance to comment on yet.

Completely misread the mood here I feel. People saying things are stale, so we’re promoting from within into a role that isn’t even the real issue. That’ll freshen things up…
PNE Moanline in full swing again here I see.
You hit the nail on the head .
I have come to the conclusion some posters don’t have a clue what they really want to change at the club.

"We feel a disconnect", "the club don't listen".....etc etc ... the clubputs an initiative in place and they get shot down ... it is no wonder Peter is unsure what the fans want???
They want him OUT and fresh younger blood brought in. Whilst these initiatives are to be applauded we can only hope that it doesn't lead to the "Jack of all trades - Master of none" scenario

Hannah Woodburn is simply superb, I’ve only got one experience of Hannah Broadley and that wasn’t so good - hopefully that was a one off.

It does seem that the backroom staff at our club is somewhat of a closed shop and I would suggest that if you have something that has been identified as a real issue, simply rearranging the deckchairs isn’t likely to lead to improvements. New blood could potentially come in, identify were things have gone wrong and be more likely to put plans in place to deal with them.

Nice ideal, however it’s the performances on the pitch that has had an effect on fan attendance. Once the stay always, stay away its hard to get em back on deepdale. better football is the way not better bull.

I think everyone just wants him out. From that promotion charge with Neil onwards it's been years of shit with off the pitch mistakes being the thrust of that and we are still making them (contracts to players this season being a good example).

So after years of shit from a guy with a poor reputation at other clubs I can totally see why everyone just fancies a twist. Joe Savage was our head scout and is already doing a better job at Hearts.

Everything Ridsdale puts his name too will get that reaction because he has been here forever and Wembley was a bloody long time ago. This is exactly the sort of dull spin he insults everyone's intelligence with.

Nice ideal, however it’s the performances on the pitch that has had an effect on fan attendance. Once the stay always, stay away its hard to get em back on deepdale. better football is the way not better bull.
Quite, but people will always find an excuse. When we played Hull at home, for example, in Feb 20, we were 6th in the table, yet only had 11,500 home fans on.

Granted, a lot more than we had on against Fulham, but hardly anything to shout about.

Of course.... And by the look of things we aren't far off with a good nucleus (backbone) .... Unfortunately our Management will be happy and content with that which has been a problem for a long time.

Could we do better? Of course we can but no one seems to have the balls to do it...........Much easier to take a big fat wage and be comfortable... Pfffft

It does seem that the backroom staff at our club is somewhat of a closed shop and I would suggest that if you have something that has been identified as a real issue, simply rearranging the deckchairs isn’t likely to lead to improvements. New blood could potentially come in, identify were things have gone wrong and be more likely to put plans in place to deal with them.
Without going into any detail, you're 100% spot on.

Hannah Woodburn is simply superb, I’ve only got one experience of Hannah Broadley and that wasn’t so good - hopefully that was a one off.

Given the candid interviews with some of the players ( and ex players) lately it's not exactly closed...Perhaps they could do better? I'd tend to agree with them... Every credit to those that whistleblow..

I think everyone just wants him out. From that promotion charge with Neil onwards it's been years of shit with off the pitch mistakes being the thrust of that and we are still making them (contracts to players this season being a good example).

So after years of shit from a guy with a poor reputation at other clubs I can totally see why everyone just fancies a twist. Joe Savage was our head scout and is already doing a better job at Hearts.

Everything Ridsdale puts his name too will get that reaction because he has been here forever and Wembley was a bloody long time ago. This is exactly the sort of dull spin he insults everyone's intelligence with.

It’s the “mill owner mentality” from Risdale spouting platitudes to the deepdale faithful along the lines that we are a well run club, be thankful.

When really Mr Risdale we are being run like a nationalised industry from the 70’s, heavily subsidised thanks to the Hemings family. An increasingly growing divide between senior management and the punters, no apparent strategy, lack of professionals in key roles such as team manager, player recruitment, a distinct lack of innovation, we are no closer to becoming a competitive football club or a stand alone commercial entity (which is alarming) and that’s after ten years.

Ten years of Mr Risdale and no significant recognisable improvements, time for change and some fresh thinking.

Meanwhile a side at t'other end of the M55 are giving away free shirts to all Tear 2 children.
what a great idea to try to get new fans.
We used to do something similar for members of Junior Whites when they reached a certain age - I think it was 8.

Will definitely be tuning in to the fans forum when that happens…. Oh wait… nope… not prepared to listen to the fans? just re-naming someone’s job? Yep, sounds about right…