PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

West brom send one of their fans packing with a great reply (twitter)

Legally speaking, where does this fall under "Harassment" and "Hate Crime"? You'd think it would fall under the former 100% at the very least.

Any legal experts (as in the trade) on here?

I'd certainly appreciate any advice on this part as I'd like to know where I stand.

I think what frustrates me the most is the lack of action (on Twitter's part) and the fact Lancs Police haven't taken this seriously. A lot gets said about social media, mental health etc but when it comes to the crunch, it turns out the support and help you need just isn't there (with exception on here of course and with a couple of my Twitter followers).

Upon thinking about last night's post, I think I will try and email West Brom as something seriously does need to be done as the guy has created a couple more accts and has once again taken to posting photos of this other guy's daughter. Also weirdly, he talks to himself between the two accounts.

I've registered on westbrom.com's forum (just waiting for admin approval) to see if anyone on there can point me in the right direction of who to contact.

I'd certainly appreciate any advice on this part as I'd like to know where I stand.

I think what frustrates me the most is the lack of action (on Twitter's part) and the fact Lancs Police haven't taken this seriously. A lot gets said about social media, mental health etc but when it comes to the crunch, it turns out the support and help you need just isn't there (with exception on here of course and with a couple of my Twitter followers).

Upon thinking about last night's post, I think I will try and email West Brom as something seriously does need to be done as the guy has created a couple more accts and has once again taken to posting photos of this other guy's daughter. Also weirdly, he talks to himself between the two accounts.

I've registered on westbrom.com's forum (just waiting for admin approval) to see if anyone on there can point me in the right direction of who to contact.
Would it be worth one of the senior mods on here speaking to their admin, and providing them with a link to this thread?

I don't know if it'd make any difference but it's just a thought Gaz.

Would it be worth one of the senior mods on here speaking to their admin, and providing them with a link to this thread?

I don't know if it'd make any difference but it's just a thought Gaz.
Happy to help out with that if you can put me in touch with somebody Gaz.

Can you not just name change? and go very private?
Whats in a name?
I agree with Libs, he will soon lose interest. Showing you bother is possibly flaming the fire.

Well it's a New Year and he's still at it.

He's since created another fake account targeting the other guy he hates.
Shabs ;- There seems to be plenty of ideas now on this thread - that-along with my own limited imaginations- may or may not - be helpful.
As I write, it's the Sunday before the last Bank Holiday before Easter....
May I suggest that you consider some or indeed all of these new initiatives/ideas that have been proposed here, and in, say a 'reasonable' time frame, keep us All-up-to-Speed with them ? It's not for anybody else
to decide how long this / these 'envelope' or 'envelopes' might be, of course.
But I'd love to know any progress, about any of these considered ideas of t'others on here.

It probably will come to a point where I sack it off altogether - I don't think he will lose interest as he's still dangerously obsessed with the bloke he fell out with 18 months ago and again created another fake profile pretending to be him.

What bothers me is he'll continue with the fake profile of me and people will keep falling for it no matter how much I try and tell people it's a fake.

I'll see what comes out of me contacting West Brom and posting on their forum.

Unfortunately my sign up request to the West Brom forum was ignored/rejected. I have now sent the below email to the Supporters Liaison Officer at West Brom and have CC'd PNE into the email.

Good afternoon,

Apologies if I am contacting the wrong person but I wasn’t sure who to address this to – I was hoping to make contact with West Bromwich Albion FC in relation to the conduct/behaviour of one of your supporters on social media (in this instance, Twitter).

Over the past couple of months I have been victim of a targeted harassment campaign by a West Brom fan called Martyn Williams who is from/resides in Tipton. There is history between this person and the club when he took issue with the club’s stance against racism (see attached screenshot named martynwba.jpg) and because I criticised him (he is a former Twitter follower who I blocked) he has held a deep grudge ever since.

He has used numerous Twitter profiles to target not just myself but others too (including creating a fake profile pretending to be me and another fake profile pretending to be ‘Barry Cochrane’ who is another person he fell out and targeted).

Some of the profiles he has used are:

https://twitter.com/Barry__Glitter (renamed from the ‘noncemas’ account shown in some of the screenshots)
https://twitter.com/shabapne (a profile he has replicated from mine).
https://twitter.com/thecochrane77 (a profile he has replicated from another person he has targeted)
https://twitter.com/BertieHastings

The behaviour Martyn is showing is quite frankly disturbing and I have several concerns, particularly since he possesses photo/s of someone else’s child. I have made several reports to Twitter which have all been subsequently ignored. I also reported Martyn to Lancashire Constabulary but they didn’t seem to care as they stated there “isn’t a lot they can do”, despite the evidence presented (including one of racism).

Given the several cases over the past couple of years of abuse (particularly racism) directed at professional footballers, I feel this kind of behaviour continually needs to be highlighted especially given the lack of action from the authorities and social media companies.

I am aware of Stuart Ward from West Midlands Police who has been working hard and helped bring to justice people like Martyn. If you can advise of a way to get in touch with him (other than Twitter) or if you can pass my details onto him to get in touch, I would gratefully appreciate it.

I have CC’d my own club, Preston North End, in this email to make them aware of the ongoing issues, particularly as Martyn is targeting Preston and Preston North End accounts (fans and players mainly) in order to try and smear me and fool them into thinking they are following a genuine PNE/PNE fan account.

As you can see, I’m finding the situation very distressing which has begun to affect my mental health. If you can forward this email to people at the club, I would be very grateful. Whilst action doesn’t seem to be forthcoming, I am trying everything within my power to raise awareness of this situation.

Kind regards,

Hopefully I will get some sort of response.

The funny thing is he has now blocked me under the fake account but sadly he keeps following PNE accounts and people keep following him back no matter what I do.
If anyone is also on Twitter, please, please, please do make people aware of the account and advise them to block it.

Unfortunately my sign up request to the West Brom forum was ignored/rejected. I have now sent the below email to the Supporters Liaison Officer at West Brom and have CC'd PNE into the email.

Hopefully I will get some sort of response.

The funny thing is he has now blocked me under the fake account but sadly he keeps following PNE accounts and people keep following him back no matter what I do.
If anyone is also on Twitter, please, please, please do make people aware of the account and advise them to block it.
Good letter that Gaz, hopefully you will get some kind of positive response from either WBA, PNE or the West Midlands police…

Good letter that Gaz, hopefully you will get some kind of positive response from either WBA, PNE or the West Midlands police…
Unfortunately had no response from anyone. I've contacted PNE, West Brom, Lancs Police, tried to warn people on Twitter but I've just been ignored. I've come to the conclusion people just don't care.
Think I may have to fight fire with fire.

Unfortunately had no response from anyone. I've contacted PNE, West Brom, Lancs Police, tried to warn people on Twitter but I've just been ignored. I've come to the conclusion people just don't care.
Think I may have to fight fire with fire.
Dont retaliate, Gaz, exactly what the prat wants.

Dont retaliate, Gaz, exactly what the prat wants.
No alternative unfortunately. I've tried and tried and tried. I've also tried to make people aware of the account but they just ignore me, including people on this very forum and he's still gaining followers as PNE fans continue to fall for it.

Nothing much else I can do.

No alternative unfortunately. I've tried and tried and tried. I've also tried to make people aware of the account but they just ignore me, including people on this very forum and he's still gaining followers as PNE fans continue to fall for it.

Nothing much else I can do.
This might be rubbish, but is it worth contacting the new supporters group PSC and seeing if they could bring it to Ridsdale's attention in their next chat with him? If they were happy to do so at least it would be someone telling it to his face and getting a response, whatever that might be.