PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best Restaurant Locally??

Yeah, I went to a few dos there in the late 70’…. I can’t remember what it was called.

I think it began with T Roy, so you are on the right lines….

Ha yeah, funny thing memory, the further back the incident/place etc; the easier it is to remember. Can't remember where I put my specs five minutes ago, or what I've entered the room for :eek::oops::rolleyes::cautious::ROFLMAO:

Opposite the café bar is a coffer bar/café called cedarwood. Last time I went there I was telling the young fella serving me about the cedarwood and asked why his place was called that. He told me his mum was a regular in the original 'cedarwood' and therefore named her new café after it having such happy memories of the place.

Did he have a look of you @royribble ? 🤣

Yes indeed. He was very posh (a distant relation to Lord Edgington I believe) he used to walk the corridors of the school in his 'cap and gown' looking like a university professor 👨‍🎓 The deputy head was a very scary man who was the master of discipline. Vicious with the cane.........I know 😥😩 his name escapes me, it'll probably come to me in the middle of the night. It's my age you know!

Mr Kelly?

There was a place on Friargate that was the place to have a party can’t remember the name, where Tesco express is

Was it Bella? I remember that being roughly around the same area that tesco is now.

Not sure where Tesco express is but you could be thinking about the Torrella (sp). I remember one of my cousins having his 21st there. There was a function/party room upstairs above the coffee bar.

Yeah, I went to a few dos there in the late 70’…. I can’t remember what it was called.

I think it began with T Roy, so you are on the right lines….Wasn't it the Trocadero? Then became something else - Bella? Bella Roma was on the opposite side of Friargate over the road from the D&P.

Absolutely correct, I’m treating the better half. You’re like a personally planner Lord. Thank you for that.

This is all great intel everyone. Again thank you.

Three that I’ve been to recently have been The Cherry Tree at Adlington as DSPP suggested and it is great. Alberts at Standish and the Spread Eagle at Mellor. Which are both also recommended.
Spread Eagle is excellent. Sadly the business is being sold and likely to change ☹️

Mrs Ando and i went to Fino Tapas on Friday night... very nice experience.

The food was very good, the ambience was very welcoming and the staff were friendly and attentive.

We will be going back ....

Mrs Ando and i went to Fino Tapas on Friday night... very nice experience.

The food was very good, the ambience was very welcoming and the staff were friendly and attentive.

We will be going back ....
Where is it Ando? Might try it on your recommendation.........................................no pressure :)

Where is it Ando? Might try it on your recommendation.........................................no pressure :)
Ha ha ha…. It was very good Roy.

It is down Guildhall Street ( off Fishergate )

All the dishes we had were very good : Croquettes, Patatas Bravas, Calimari, Mushrooms in cream sauce, Manchego cheese and Fillet Steak….

Ha yeah, funny thing memory, the further back the incident/place etc; the easier it is to remember. Can't remember where I put my specs five minutes ago, or what I've entered the room for :eek::oops::rolleyes::cautious::ROFLMAO:
Yep, that’s me Roy when it comes to memory….

I remember going to a wedding do at Tabasco on a Saturday night having been on the North End in the afternoon…

We had played Burnley and the game finished 3-3 … I remember that I had consumed about 6 or 7 pints before the game but went home at teatime had some tea, got showered , get dressed and off I went to the night out feeling none the worse for my lunchtime session…