PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Kop Surfer Flag - The Final (VOTE OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
As you all know just over a week ago @MBcha launched the forums first ever attempt at raising funds for a large surfer flag to mark what would have been Sir Tom Finneys 100th Birthday on April 5th.

Due to incredible support shown by Preston fans the world over we decided to raise funds for a second surfer flag which will also be unveiled on the night on the newly reclaimed Bill Shankly Kop against those at the wrong end of the M55.

We opened up the design and ideas to you to decide what sort of flag you would like to see at Deepdale.

Donations still continue to come in and every penny will go towards fans projects.. you can still donate here. Could we make £6000?

Over the past couple of days PNE Online members have been voting to narrow down the entries to a final 3.

The final vote is now open.

Votes across all platforms will be totted up and the winning design will then be produced.

All designs are pending to tweaks by the manufacturers to ensure it has the best outcome.

Due to tight timings the vote will only be open until 5pm 28/02/22.

Design 1 - 1880 - Crest
1645816820534.png

Design 2 - Sky Line - Proud Preston
skylineproudprestonfinal.png

Design 3 - Blazer Badge - Lancashire

1645818394141.png

Thanks for your support and get voting.

Last edited:
So, the 1880 flag has taken an early lead.
Personally, I don't like it all, this is 2022 not 1880 and other clubs, especially the Lashers, already take the piss because we are supposedly always harping on about past glories from over 130 years ago.

I really like the skyline one but on reflection I'm not sure it'd work as a surfer flag.

Personally, I don't like it all, this is 2022 not 1880 and other clubs, especially the Lashers, already take the piss because we are supposedly always harping on about past glories from over 130 years ago.

I really like the skyline one but on reflection I'm not sure it'd work as a surfer flag.

It's not about past glories lis, it's the year we where formed.

For me it is just a bit expected isn't it.

My vote has gone elsewhere but think any of them would look good.

It's not about past glories lis, it's the year we where formed.

For me it is just a bit expected isn't it.

My vote has gone elsewhere but think any of them would look good.
Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of our history as are most Nob Enders, it's just that we need to focus on the here and now and getting in the top 6 next season, for that it doesn't matter whether we were formed in 1880 or 1980.

Agree about the sky line one not looking right on a surfer

I agree.

Voted for number 3 myself - it's the best by far in my opinion.

Gone with 1) 1880 crest. Fills the space of the flag, founders of the league. Needs a little space between the two 8s & the crest.
Skyline a great design, but the buildings too small from afar = meaning lost.
Blazer badge too much wasted negative space.
Whichever wins will by majority rightly deserve its place.
Represents a brilliant resolution to the flag saga. Well done us. 😃 💙🤍💙🤍

I had really hoped for a bit of imagination
Which flag two offers
One and three are all just a bit too obvious

Gone with 1) 1880 crest. Fills the space of the flag, founders of the league. Needs a little space between the two 8s & the crest.
Skyline a great design, but the buildings too small from afar = meaning lost.
Blazer badge too much wasted negative space.
Whichever wins will by majority rightly deserve its place.
Represents a brilliant resolution to the flag saga. Well done us. 😃 💙🤍💙🤍
I agree about the skyline flag, the meaning will be lost , nice idea in theory though.

Design number 3 : I would make the font bigger for “ Pride of Lancashire “

I agree about the skyline flag, the meaning will be lost , nice idea in theory though.

Why will the meaning be lost
It’s a flag about Preston for prestonians.
I could not care less if other teams dont get it
The 1880 feels a bit desperate and there are numerous teams that would claim to be the pride of Lancashire

We'll be getting them touched up by a graphics guy so there will room for tweeks to whichever design wins.

Don’t go down that road
I made about two or three - you should know better, I’d never offer any critique without making some form of positive contribution
Too much of a visionary though
It was a question Edgy, no hidden malice intended.

Had there been a gap between both of the 8s and the Club Badge, then this would have been my choice of vote. Too squashed up as it stands.

As it was, there isn't so I voted for option #2.

I'm not sure why we had three skyline options in the last poll. Or why the final poll isn't four options, as originally planned. (I guess the #teamslikepreston one would have gobbled up too many votes on twitter)

The soon to have won Skyline entrant will look half decent from close up. But, as others have mentioned, from a distance, the architecture artwork won't look like very much at all.

But, still it's better than the PSC abomination. So, that's something!

Not sure, but I suspect the "bunching up" of the 8s and the badge in design #1 is intentional, to try and use the symmetry in an artistic way.

I think it suffers a bit for looking flat and 2D though, the fiddly badge scrolls just merge everything together - if it wins, I think if we could do something to make the badge look like it's more clearly in front of the date in the background, it would help.

I think with the skyline (in its various incarnations), it's a nice professional base graphic (the skyline itself) in search of a decent design to set it off. Also the Lashers pointed out it resembles their current shirt sponsor, which is an unfortunate coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.