PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Flags for Deepdale 2022/2023 - PNE Online supporting North End Soul

Following the post from the OP and further supporters wishing to form a group of likeminded fans the forum have decided to launch our next project earlier than planned.

Working alongside the football club we hope to raise funds for further flags at Deepdale, building on the huge success of the magnificent Finney and Skyline flags.

We hope to have these flags out regularly next season but we can't do that without fans getting involved on match days.

Further to this we would like to purchase further flags to create a sea of blue and white on match days.

These will be a mixture of various sized flags on poles, banners and the like.

We plan to have these available on match days for fans with a collection and drop off point for flags on the concourse of some form.

This would then be easily done on match days with fans of all ages able to join in.

The large flags can then be used across Deepdale when practical.

We have set up a an ongoing donation page to see how things progress.

Thanks for your support.

Following the post from the OP and further supporters wishing to form a group of likeminded fans the forum have decided to launch our next project earlier than planned.

Working alongside the football club we hope to raise funds for further flags at Deepdale, building on the huge success of the magnificent Finney and Skyline flags.

We hope to have these flags out regularly next season but we can't do that without fans getting involved on match days.

Further to this we would like to purchase further flags to create a sea of blue and white on match days.

These will be a mixture of various sized flags on poles, banners and the like.

We plan to have these available on match days for fans with a collection and drop off point for flags on the concourse of some form.

This would then be easily done on match days with fans of all ages able to join in.

The large flags can then be used across Deepdale when practical.

We have set up a an ongoing donation page to see how things progress.

Thanks for your support.

maxresdefault.jpg

164087415620304100.jpg

Will the banners and flags on poles be like this? If so will there be a designated section for them to be kept throughout the game like other clubs to do, to improve atmosphere.

Yeah, the drummer should be moved to the middle. He could also do with a better drum - the current one sounds quite flat when compared with Boro’s and, dare I say it, the Lashers’. It also sounds like he only has one stick rather than two.

Is this something that the PSC could raise with the club, if the general consensus is that it’s a good idea?

Loving the sound of this, from you guys, just remember whatever you attempt will get cries of cringeworthy etc from some, ignore them and do it.

Ive been a great fan of how the Portland timbers/Thorns fans do stuff in the US for a long time.
Get involved Raefil - you know you want to 😜

No chainsaw log cutting goal ceremony though!

Donated - great initiative. I was sat in the middle of Town End just behind the goal against Blackpool and was getting told regularly to sit down even then.. We didn’t, but when some teenagers close by sat down shortly after, there were a few ‘thank god for that’s.. my ST is in a similar location for next season so that’ll be an interesting first few games I’m sure! I’ve never been told to stop singing though so every cloud! 😂

Fantastic idea and great to see the forum be so proactive at getting funds raised for the new season.

I'll put myself forward as wanting to get involved but I'm limited to what I can do on a matchday due to family who I go on games with.

I've re-signed up for a season ticket in the IP but will hopefully be transferring it over to the Kop for a few games.

Initially I think flag displays would be best on the Town End - going on ST sales so far it's going to be pretty full on matchdays so that will look great.

The Kop would be perhaps be better for putting a "new band" together, perhaps a vote or suggestions on here for people to aim to get tickets in the same area and get things going.

A dedicated singing section is needed in the middle of the town end behind the goal. It might upset a few ST holders initially, but is needed
I was invited to watch a Southend game the other week. Considering they in the Conference with nothing to play for, their Drummer and Fans make some good noise. Singing from start to finish. I been invited back at the Weekend. If I go, I will record a little of it. Why PNE doesn't have this anymore is a strange one.

The Club need to promote noise. Because whilst football on the pitch can be a good advert, the best advert is the Fans. If the fans are making a noise and enjoying themselves, people want to be part of it. It was hearing the Deepdale Roar in the 80's from Moor Nook, that got me wanting to watch PNE (barstools, misled me 🤣 🤣 ) I'd be surprised if you Hear PNE from Ribbleton Lane never mind Moor Nook. Its not that the fans are not getting behind the team, they are, but no drummer etc.

Fantastic idea and great to see the forum be so proactive at getting funds raised for the new season.

I'll put myself forward as wanting to get involved but I'm limited to what I can do on a matchday due to family who I go on games with.

I've re-signed up for a season ticket in the IP but will hopefully be transferring it over to the Kop for a few games.

Initially I think flag displays would be best on the Town End - going on ST sales so far it's going to be pretty full on matchdays so that will look great.

The Kop would be perhaps be better for putting a "new band" together, perhaps a vote or suggestions on here for people to aim to get tickets in the same area and get things going.
Think tickets on Kop will be unreserved so can all go together

And so it begins...a rogue team is forming 😂🙌
Count me in getting a season ticket in the town end ! We need to be sat together thou have people spread out all over won’t work

Edit : count my son in as well

Last edited: