PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stop Sitting Indoors

mapping

Acquired Taste
Patron
Screened at over 60 International Film Festivals and Winner of 14 Prestigious Awards, this film is a first-person adaptation of the practice of taking a short, leisurely visit to a forest for health benefits. The practice originated in Japan where it is called shinrin-yoku (森林浴). Proven by scientists to benefit physical as well as mental health Shinrin-Yoku helps to lower heart rate, blood pressure, reduce stress hormone production, boost immunity and mood and improve overall feelings of wellbeing.

Go fishing.

Go camping.

Do a few early morning runs.

Take yourself away from the magnetic field of electronic devices and reconnect with nature... Trust me, it makes a HUGE positive difference to your mental health

Screened at over 60 International Film Festivals and Winner of 14 Prestigious Awards, this film is a first-person adaptation of the practice of taking a short, leisurely visit to a forest for health benefits. The practice originated in Japan where it is called shinrin-yoku (森林浴). Proven by scientists to benefit physical as well as mental health Shinrin-Yoku helps to lower heart rate, blood pressure, reduce stress hormone production, boost immunity and mood and improve overall feelings of wellbeing.

You reckon my DVD and bottle of brandy approach to happiness is misguided? :D

Whilst I realise you are most likely joking, alcohol is probably the worst thing you can partake in whilst depressed. It really is a killer.
It is , but again at the same time , its sometimes about finding the right "balance in your life" as sometimes I need "bringing down" , and help relaxing and a nice glass of red with some music can help me enormously.

But you are right if your out right suffering from depression , stay away from any substances.

LOL , not if your happy Libs , :D I guess its all about finding out what works for you ! Sat outdoors with some music and a bottle of red can do it for me too !!

Pssst.... I ballsed up. Didn't realise that the op was on the mental health section when I posted... Don't tell anyone. :)

Pssst.... I ballsed up. Didn't realise that the op was on the mental health section when I posted... Don't tell anyone. :)

Well...you might have mentioned it a bit, but I think you got away with it. :)

article-2266738-0011A3A000000258-761_634x443.jpg

There's research within psychology on "green therapy" - that exercising in nature is more beneficial than exercise just in itself. Sounds like a similar approach. I've also heard people describing cycling along greenways as almost meditative. Certainly beneficial for mind and soul to be outside. Biggest issue for some people I think is not being able to get themselves out the door, particularly if they're really struggling with their mental health.

I seem to recall a bit of unkindness towards paul in a match day thread
For me I think he is a fantastic guy, just imagine the strength of character to deal with his demons with all of the temptation around him in his career past and today
Well done paul

I seem to recall a bit of unkindness towards paul in a match day thread
For me I think he is a fantastic guy, just imagine the strength of character to deal with his demons with all of the temptation around him in his career past and today
Well done paul
That is a beautiful program. What a guy to bear his soul as he did.
I was one of those folk who just dismissed him as a crap footie bloke. This scratches beneath the surface big time. He’ll possibly fuck up again but he’s giving himself opportunities, and his last few years are inspirational.
Watch it, even if you’re nowhere near to this sort of stuff in your family, because some day you will be.x

That is a beautiful program. What a guy to bear his soul as he did.
I was one of those folk who just dismissed him as a crap footie bloke. This scratches beneath the surface big time. He’ll possibly fuck up again but he’s giving himself opportunities, and his last few years are inspirational.
Watch it, even if you’re nowhere near to this sort of stuff in your family, because some day you will be.x
Seems a decent guy with his heart in the right place.. But i will never forgive him for scoring a penalty against us when he played for Portsmouth that never was.

I love a walk in the woods. But nothing chills me out like a walk along a river. It can be a bit tougher if you're not overly mobile but a short drive and walk around Ingleton Waterfalls is great for the soul. Well, it is for me personally.

There's a lovely footpath along the River Lostock here in Leyland. It can made even more magical if you spot the Kingfisher or believe it or not one of the otters.

Trust me, otters are nowhere near as rare as the environmentalists make you think. They're everywhere, it's just that humans are usually too loud crashing down the bankside and scare everything away.

If you're fly fishing at night and tip-toeing down a seatrout river in total darkness they'll come right up to you and brush your leg, often calling out wanting a free meal. Blummin' pain they are!!!