PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Our go to midfield trio has been Whiteman, deep, with Browne and DJ further forward. They’ve done ok but against some slicker midfielders they’ve been completely overrun. Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers among others, spring to mind. I don’t think Ryan Ledson is going to be the answer and will probably be backup for Ben Whiteman. DJ and Alan Browne are good enough to play at wingback if necessary but there’s no doubt that we definitely need another wingback for the left. A goal scoring midfielder would increase competition as Bayliss and Harrop are hopefully moved on. Tommy Doyle on loan from Manchester City would be a great signing imo.

If Peter Ridsdale keeps well away from the selection process until the negotiation stage we will do ok I reckon.
Camara and Brannagan are represented by the same agency as Murphy and Harrop. So, we know noble Peter will drive a hard bargain and come out with his trousers down.

As with Celina, Brannagan will know Mike Marsh from the Liverpool set up. In fact, I believe MM was part of the coaching team who gave him his Liverpool debut (although that may have been Klopp)

As with Celina, Brannagan will know Mike Marsh from the Liverpool set up. In fact, I believe MM was part of the coaching team who gave him his Liverpool debut (although that may have been Klopp)
Marsh was also part of the coaching staff at Swansea. When Cooper was Manager….

I’m not sure if Celina was there at the same time…

Marsh was also part of the coaching staff at Swansea. When Cooper was Manager….

I’m not sure if Celina was there at the same time…
He was. Celina fell out with Cooper at the end according to Swansea fans

Kane Wilson’s being linked with Bristol City. Would’ve thought he might be one we’d have looked at given his contract. Bristol makes sense geographically but with Rob Edwards leaving to take the Watford job, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him tip up there.
He was always going to get attention this window, and unfortunately Bristol City pay players a great deal more than us (often to their detriment if they flop) so I’d say that’s one we can cross off the list.

Considering we've cobbled a squad together on a shoestring budget, probably a touch more.

So you're happy replacing the likes of Rafferty with another player of a similar standard? Why didn't we just offer him a new contract if we can't hope for better?
we aren't going to be splashing cash to get a squad of first team ready players.
as always we'll end up with 13 or 14, plus fillers like Rafferty was.
I'd like to see better but I'm not holding my breath.

Anthony Hartigan anyone yeah I had never heard of him either(midfielder ).Don’t shoot the messenger.

Our budget only goes so far though. I can’t help but think if we spend money on a player we don’t desperately need then you are taking away money from an area where we could improve that little bit better.
The club will have an overall budget, they'll have a rough idea what they want to spend for each position. We're not going to blow all our budget on a midfielder.

But, we do need an alternative to DJ as competition or back up. We don't have another creative centre midfielder.

The club will have an overall budget, they'll have a rough idea what they want to spend for each position. We're not going to blow all our budget on a midfielder.

But, we do need an alternative to DJ as competition or back up. We don't have another creative centre midfielder.
You say that like it’s never happened before, but unfortunately it has.

Our go to midfield trio has been Whiteman, deep, with Browne and DJ further forward. They’ve done ok but against some slicker midfielders they’ve been completely overrun. Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers among others, spring to mind. I don’t think Ryan Ledson is going to be the answer and will probably be backup for Ben Whiteman. DJ and Alan Browne are good enough to play at wingback if necessary but there’s no doubt that we definitely need another wingback for the left. A goal scoring midfielder would increase competition as Bayliss and Harrop are hopefully moved on. Tommy Doyle on loan from Manchester City would be a great signing imo.
Yeah, Ledson should just be backup to Whiteman and nothing else, like he was backup to Pearson in 18/19 and 19/20.

Ledson playing more regularly seemed to coincide with our season finishes getting worse and worse. That's not to say he was the issue, but rather a sign that our squad had been getting weaker year by year.

You say that like it’s never happened before, but unfortunately it has.
It has.

But you also say that like Trevor hemmings is still our chairman. He isn’t.

Hemmings saw the opportunity to make a bit of money so allowed us to sign bayliss. It’s look like we are actually bringing in someone to compete for the first 11 not another ‘prospect.’