PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

@JK

As a free agent on July 1st, Gray is still entitled to an additional months wages for July which at £70k pw makes it around £300k for the month.

I'd take my time, too, with that amount of money waiting for me.

If he comes, I'd guess it will be late July unless we pay a decent signing on fee to cushion these wages for July.
I've made this point about 4 times in the last week, he's in absolutely no rush due to him due that wage again for July (unless he signs for a club) so he'll either sit it out or want the difference in a signing on fee or similar.

It's probably also a reason why some of our released players haven't gone anywhere yet (Rafferty etc.) rather than the view of some that they're all total wasters.

As someone said the other day, now is not the time to be an average player out of contract, which means the better players will be in more demand, but even they will have to be careful as to what offer they take. If they hold out longer for more money, they run the risk of interested clubs looking elsewhere. Patience is fine, but there comes a time that clubs will need to move on to alternative players. I hope we’re not at that stage yet, but another week down the line we might be.

@JK

As a free agent on July 1st, Gray is still entitled to an additional months wages for July which at £70k pw makes it around £300k for the month.

I'd take my time, too, with that amount of money waiting for me.

If he comes, I'd guess it will be late July unless we pay a decent signing on fee to cushion these wages for July.
Where has this idea come from that players get an extra month's wages even after their contract has expired? I've never heard this suggestion before this transfer window but it now seems to be repeated as gospel.

When players sign a pre-contract agreement, they agree to sign for a club at the expiry of their old contract, so once they have received all monies due to them from said contract. If they were still getting paid until the end of July then their contract would be til the end of July.

For what it's worth i also believe contracts officially expire on the last day of June, which is why new contracts can begin 1st July. So if we agreed to sign Gray today on a pre-contract or if we agreed to sign him in a week's time then he would officially join on 1st July in both cases so it would make no difference to how much he gets paid from his previous club.

Better than going from 70k to nothing. Wish I had that choice to make..
There's absolutely zero chance he's going to end up on £0 though and he knows that.

Why would he jump at £15k-£20k a month here when he can pocket his July wage (close to £300k) and then see what else is out there. He could easily get an offer of £20k+ a week from others in this division I'm sure. Over to Ryan. And Peter.

There's absolutely zero chance he's going to end up on £0 though and he knows that.

Why would he jump at £15k-£20k a month here when he can pocket his July wage (close to £300k) and then see what else is out there. He could easily get an offer of £20k+ a week from others in this division I'm sure. Over to Ryan. And Peter.
The point is that as it stands now he doesn't appear to have any other offers on the table, certainly none better.
Does he wait to see if something else turns up, which suggests he's not buying into the plan here, just looking for the coin, or does he try to negotiate a bit more, or does he say "Sod it, count me in, boss, where do I sign?"
To me the last choice is the only right one for PNE.

It's because it's the rule. And certainly isn't new this year...

is it for all players or under 24's though?

67.6 and 67.7 seem to be U24 related

Whereas this clause seems to suggest it's capped at £173k for other players, so still more than 4 x £20k but not £300k

1655975357851.png

I thought we wanted a wing back on each side and 2 strikers?
Aye we do I believe, it's just the signing of a wing back (I'm guessing RWB) and a striker looks to be happening soon. The second striker will probably be a youngster on loan so that will happen later, and I think we're deciding on a new target for LWB after the deal for Quintilla fell through

Aye we do I believe, it's just the signing of a wing back (I'm guessing RWB) and a striker looks to be happening soon. The second striker will probably be a youngster on loan so that will happen later, and I think we're deciding on a new target for LWB after the deal for Quintilla fell through
Plus another keeper

Doesn't it speak volumes about our squad that there haven't even been any schoolboy bullshit Twitter accounts or agent leaks linking any of our players with a move...?

Doesn't it speak volumes about our squad that there haven't even been any schoolboy bullshit Twitter accounts or agent leaks linking any of our players with a move...?

There have been occasional whispers- Portsmouth apparently wanted Tom Bayliss, but yeah, it's been quiet for sure.