PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

GENERAL STRIKE

Union membership amongst posters(anonymous poll)

• Not in Union, no plans to join one, employed

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Not in Union, planning to join one, employed

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Was in Union, not currently in Union, employed

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Was in Union, retired

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Never in Union, retired

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Not Always been in Union, but currently in Union, employed

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Always been in Union, employed

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • NUS/Student

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other(self-employed, unemployed, student )

Votes: 17 11.6%

• Total voters

Nobber

Been told to post post post
Patron
The railways are out. BA have just voted to strike action. The Post Office, BT, EE are having a vote whether to strike.

About fucking time the working class grew some balls against the corrupt bastards at the top.

Anymore about to strike? Let’s make a list and get the majority motivated against the minority who keep wages low, living standards low and workers protections threatened.

Teachers are to be balloted shortly I think, or so it seemed on Newsnight last night, though only once school year ends and their pay review is out

(Though I did see some spanner suggesting they should strike in the school holidays to avoid disruption :rolleyes:)

I agree with strike action here in the large, but unless the aim is across the board it will likely ultimately fail.

I am in the private sector. I want my wages to go up alongside everybody else in the public sector. I don't see why I should miss out. Needs to be a concerted effort against inflation.

The unproductive who could work are getting 10% more if I recall correctly. So everyone working should get at least 10% if not more if continuing to work and pay tax & NI is to make financial sense. Barristers are going on strike, they want 15% more to 25% more depending on who I talk to.

Those going on strike and those suffering below inflation pay rises didn't create inflation and shouldn't have to suffer the theft of the value of their labour via inflation.

Teachers are to be balloted shortly I think, or so it seemed on Newsnight last night, though only once school year ends and their pay review is out

(Though I did see some spanner suggesting they should strike in the school holidays to avoid disruption :rolleyes:)

:ROFLMAO: That reminded of when I was once in a Union that took industrial action by having an overtime ban when there was none....

Edit... And absolutely no chance of there being any...

The railways are out. BA have just voted to strike action. The Post Office, BT, EE are having a vote whether to strike.

About fucking time the working class grew some balls against the corrupt bastards at the top.

Anymore about to strike? Let’s make a list and get the majority motivated against the minority who keep wages low, living standards low and workers protections threatened.

It's about time the worm turned and it's good to see........ Wouldn't put it past this lot to make it illegal to strike. In fact they almost did once before years ago by making it a so bloody complicated and long winded process hardly any bugger bothered...... As far as I'm aware that process is still in place but obviously people are now prepared to make the commitment...But what will this lot do to combat it? More changes in the law wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I agree with strike action here in the large, but unless the aim is across the board it will likely ultimately fail.

I am in the private sector. I want my wages to go up alongside everybody else in the public sector. I don't see why I should miss out. Needs to be a concerted effort against inflation.
Is that the same with tax payers subsidised pensions?

The unproductive who could work are getting 10% more if I recall correctly. So everyone working should get at least 10% if not more if continuing to work and pay tax & NI is to make financial sense. Barristers are going on strike, they want 15% more to 25% more depending on who I talk to.

Those going on strike and those suffering below inflation pay rises didn't create inflation and shouldn't have to suffer the theft of the value of their labour via inflation.
How many are unproductive that could work?

It's about time the worm turned and it's good to see........ Wouldn't put it past this lot to make it illegal to strike. In fact they almost did once before years ago by making it a so bloody complicated and long winded process hardly any bugger bothered...... As far as I'm aware that process is still in place but obviously people are now prepared to make the commitment...But what will this lot do to combat it? More changes in the law wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Aren’t they currently enacting some legislation which will provide for a bank of agency workers to take over the roles of any strikers? Heard something along those lines on the radio this morning.

I agree with Raef that this rail dispute seems to be Johnson’s “Thatcher v the Miners” moment. That twat of a Transport Minister Shapps/Green sent out with the message that the Govt won’t be getting involved, refusing to speak to the RMT (pathetic, childish, irresponsible) whilst backstage interfering to provoke maximum disruption and to try and discredit the workers and their union. You know, any dirty tactic to “divide and rule”.

Hope that sooner or later the British public will wise up and see how the Tories are systematically destroying all the hard-won rights we have/had. Whilst being understandably angry about disruption to their rail journey or holiday flights they might also sometime spare a thought for all the people now actually dying waiting for the necessary help from the NHS the Tories have deliberately “scuppered”. One day it will be them or someone they know and love.

Anyway, get the pitchforks ready, I’m in.
“The workers united, will never be defeated!”

Going back about 14 years, but strikes here actually brought down the government.

Hopefully it'll happen here....... Everyone will remember the miners but that was just one body that they shut down......They seem to have a far more ranging set of enemies now.... They should be very worried.

Aren’t they currently enacting some legislation which will provide for a bank of agency workers to take over the roles of any strikers? Heard something along those lines on the radio this morning.

I agree with Raef that this rail dispute seems to be Johnson’s “Thatcher v the Miners” moment. That twat of a Transport Minister Shapps/Green sent out with the message that the Govt won’t be getting involved, refusing to speak to the RMT (pathetic, childish, irresponsible) whilst backstage interfering to provoke maximum disruption and to try and discredit the workers and their union. You know, any dirty tactic to “divide and rule”.

Hope that sooner or later the British public will wise up and see how the Tories are systematically destroying all the hard-won rights we have/had. Whilst being understandably angry about disruption to their rail journey or holiday flights they might also sometime spare a thought for all the people now actually dying waiting for the necessary help from the NHS the Tories have deliberately “scuppered”. One day it will be them or someone they know and love.

1656002965435.png

Correct.. Legislation being rushed through ( funny it takes about 18 months normally ).They can do it with a good few jobs but I can't wait to see how a bunch of technical and highly trained rail operatives will be replaced by " temps "... Bunch of bloody idiots this lot. Looks like a bit of solidarity is creeping in so they won't be just the one enemy... Hopefully they've bitten off more than they can chew.