PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

If we sign Cornell and Morrison, I will be fucking livid
Huge over reaction. Cornell already has been discussed - he’s back up no reason to get wound up. Morrison is also someone who can rotate with DJ which we currently don’t have.

I’m not against the ideal of RM. Think if played off Riis / Archer, could work. I think his season with Derby may have cleared his head a bit? We’ll see.

Slight problem with that. I have more chance of becoming pro and scoring for North End than we have in getting Archer back.

Cornell is, quite simply, crap. And not just a bit crap. Laughably crap.
And now it looks like there may be legs in the Morrison rumour.
What is going on? From the big talk early in the window we are now hoovering up any old garbage again to be padded out by whatever loans are available at the end of the window alongside "like a new signing" Jordan Storey.
I was genuinely hoping this summer would be different with some of the talk from the people that have inside info but I think they've been mis-sold a reality.

Got more yellow cards than combined goals and assists last season did Ravel Morrison…..
He only got 1 less assist than DJ and 1 less non penalty goal than him and he played about 850 minutes less. As long as he’s finally sorted his attitude out, which the talk from Derby seems that may possibly be the case, then it could be a decent rotation option for DJ which we do currently lack.

Don’t have an issue with Ravel Morrison as a back up for DJ, on the premise that 1) he is cheap 2) he is supplemented by other signings such as Andre Gray and Christie. It’s not like Derby were particularly free scoring last season and we don’t currently have a natural replacement for DJ should he get injured.

Cornell is crap though so hopefully Woodman stays fit.

I've not seen much in here to suggest it really has legs yet. There was an article from a non-mainstream news outlet linking us and two other clubs with him (the classic three clubs = agent talk situation). Morrison liking a tweet that says "DJ and Ravel 🇯🇲" doesn't say anything either. It could be that he's signing or it could just be he likes the idea of signing for us or it could just be that he likes DJ and he'd like to play with him

What is going on? From the big talk early in the window we are now hoovering up any old garbage again to be padded out by whatever loans are available at the end of the window alongside "like a new signing" Jordan Storey.
I was genuinely hoping this summer would be different with some of the talk from the people that have inside info but I think they've been mis-sold a reality.

Yep. It really is beginning to look that way.

I've not seen much in here to suggest it really has legs yet. There was an article from a non-mainstream news outlet linking us and two other clubs with him (the classic three clubs = agent talk situation). Morrison liking a tweet that says "DJ and Ravel 🇯🇲" doesn't say anything either. It could be that he's signing or it could just be he likes the idea of signing for us or it could just be that he likes DJ and he'd like to play with him
True enough, point well made. I'm just feeling underwhelmed at the moment and the decent sources who were seeming impressed no longer being bullish has me thinking normal PNE will be the reality. I'm not sure I'd have Cornell in my Sunday league team and we don't usually have a sober keeper.

So looks like chips earlier remarks of "we will be astounded by the quality of signings we are looking at" was accurate but sadly for all the wrong reasons.

ah well will give them some time to see what they pull out of the bag. but at the min it's all sounding very traditional north end..
Note, 'looking at', not 'buying'. Like window shopping 🙄

He only got 1 less assist than DJ and 1 less non penalty goal than him and he played about 850 minutes less. As long as he’s finally sorted his attitude out, which the talk from Derby seems that may possibly be the case, then it could be a decent rotation option for DJ which we do currently lack.

DJ had 60 chances created, Morrison had 36. Drop off seems fairly steep.

If we had signed Cornell and Morrison I’d be saying at least give them a chance but as it stands neither are our players. Think a bit of patience is needed….