PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

OK, here's one:

We currently only have Riis, Maguire and Evans as options up front. Someone offers us £15million for Riis. Do we take it?

Think we would have no choice other than to accept it, the justification being non-football reasons, to try and maintain some kind of positive cash flow.

Mad how Wigan haven't signed anyone, their first eleven is dire at this level. They need more players than us.
To be fair, Wigan fans are probably saying the same about us with the exception of our two keepers…..

To be fair, Wigan fans are probably saying the same about us with the exception of our two keepers…..
Woodman, Hughes, Whiteman, McCann, DJ, Browne, and Riis are levels above anything they have. We can field a team that can stay up, I can't say the same for them.

No, the ITKers have already denied this....
I did hear a while back he was going to Rotherham, even Nixon said he was. But, given Al's knack of knowing next to F all, I can't see it happening.
The same Morecambe source that told me about Stockton, also said they were signing Hunts. Mmm............

Just seen the transfer window doesn't close until the 1st of September.. 7 games into the season! So Premier league loans could be left until then, if the parent club wants a good look at them before deciding to send out!! Seems a ridiculous amount of time imo!

OK, here's one:

We currently only have Riis, Maguire and Evans as options up front. Someone offers us £15million for Riis. Do we take it?

Its not the time because we're not set up for player trading and development but in principle we should definitely be talking up riis and celebrating his achievements drumming up the excitement to sell, without question

People comparing us to other teams in terms of signings. “We’ve signed 2, chill out”.

It’s x2 keepers because we had 0. Really need to get the ball moving in terms of outfield recruits.

The mantra from RL and PR has been to get them in for the start of pre-season. We’ve missed that, are any even on the brink?

Just seen the transfer window doesn't close until the 1st of September.. 7 games into the season! So Premier league loans could be left until then, if the parent club wants a good look at them before deciding to send out!! Seems a ridiculous amount of time imo!
This is my concern.

The club have turned around the disconnect between them and the fans and got a really good uptake with the season ticket offer. It felt like we were building some momentum.

Then the fixtures come out, don’t think we could have asked for a much better opening set of fixtures.

If the club act like they normally do and mess about til the latter stages of the window, it feels like we’re going to go into the season undercooked and waste what is a great opportunity to pick up points and carry on this momentum.

I’m not panicking about the lack of incomings, but just hope there is a bit more urgency to get deals done.