PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Michael Appleton To Be Sacked (or quit again...)

Oh my darling, oh my darling
Oh my darling Clementine
You are lost and gone forever
Dreadful sorry, Clementine...

@Sid Snot, @Ando60, @raefil and all the other OAP's ( yours truly not included, heard my gran singing it) will know what I'm on about.
Well done @MrHodgeheg123 , you didn't include me in the OAP club, despite the fact we sung 'Clementine' at primary school and I turn 60 later this year.

Just seen the previous post. You're on ignore.

Never stopped the vast majority of you attempting to rewrite it though, has it?

You can dress it up however you like to make it seem as though you were all victims but the fact is you all loved the Oystons when the going was good. Premier League promotion, very nearly surviving relegation, reaching the PO final the next season. The family's popularity was at an all time high.

Then there were questions over finances and money being taken out the club and a few notable silly billies got a bit too giddy and starting turning up at the Oyston family home, threatening them and things got out of hand very quickly. But I'm sure you'll spin it that the bloke who stood to be MP for Wyre and Preston North, declaring 'Wipe Preston off the map" was a reasonable, innocent victim in it all.

You gave as good as you got with the Oystons, putting the obvious case aside regarding Owen, they weren't great owners but they weren't the worst either really, were they? Taking a club from the doldrums of the lower leagues and up to the Premier League whilst rebuilding a stadium in between wasn't too shabby.
Quite a few clubs have foreign owners that are very autocratic to say the least and / or to put it mildly

I believe they had a roof removed and one section closed on H & S grounds by the council

( It's not necessarily let's knock Blackpool because parts of Deepdale were closed off and weekday matches had to be played in the afternoon as the 1950s floodlights had long seen better days )

Apparently the directors wanted to sell Bloomfield Road to supermarket chain

Another plan was to groundshare with Blackpool Borough Rugby League by the gasworks , however the Football League decreeded that it wasn't up to standard .

The next plan was to build a new ground on Whyndyke Farm by the motorway - apparently the Oystons sold some of the land for a psychiatric hospital to built on it ?

Some money to rebuild Bloomfield Rd came from the Football Trust in the aftermath of the Hillsborough Disaster

There was more than a few grounds that were old fashioned that again had seen better days

However Owen Oyston did buy the present ground for a pound , they weren't moaning when they got to the old Third Division playoffs , they had a big budget ( and yes including Tony Ellis ! when Preston were in the bottom tier ! ) .

OO gave the orders to sack Big Fat Sam from prison after losing to Bradford in the semi final .

The Blackpool fans have to be mindful of the libel laws in this country , they can complain about morality and ethics if they've a coherent case , but them's the breaks to quote Boris Johnson

Is this a fair summary of events ?

I have answered the above questions.

Boycott was down to suing fans and Simon S cannot be seen to do business with the Latvian.

Not sure why you don’t get it.
To be fair ' Uncle Val ' was given a 20 year prison sentence in his absence for money laundering in his native country for money laundering - he'd say it was all politically motivated - with or without the inverted commas

There was the collapse of communism in the Iron Curtain countries that was replaced by anarcho and / or gangster capitalism ? - hence the present day obligarchs that did very well out of it ?

Never stopped the vast majority of you attempting to rewrite it though, has it?

You can dress it up however you like to make it seem as though you were all victims but the fact is you all loved the Oystons when the going was good. Premier League promotion, very nearly surviving relegation, reaching the PO final the next season. The family's popularity was at an all time high.

Then there were questions over finances and money being taken out the club and a few notable silly billies got a bit too giddy and starting turning up at the Oyston family home, threatening them and things got out of hand very quickly. But I'm sure you'll spin it that the bloke who stood to be MP for Wyre and Preston North, declaring 'Wipe Preston off the map" was a reasonable, innocent victim in it all.

You gave as good as you got with the Oystons, putting the obvious case aside regarding Owen, they weren't great owners but they weren't the worst either really, were they? Taking a club from the doldrums of the lower leagues and up to the Premier League whilst rebuilding a stadium in between wasn't too shabby.
The bloke who stood as PPC for Preston North & Wyre threatened to assault Remainer Gordon Marsden ex MP as the Blackpool South constitutency was largely pro Brexit in the 2016 referendum

I believe in London for Mayoral Elections the deposit fees are a lot higher

Haven't the pair of them spent enough time in court and had to be warned by judges ? Re Libel

He took that tweet down !

Oh my darling, oh my darling
Oh my darling Clementine
You are lost and gone forever
Dreadful sorry, Clementine...

@Sid Snot, @Ando60, @raefil and all the other OAP's ( yours truly not included, heard my gran singing it) will know what I'm on about.

Huckleberry Hound 👍