PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hemmings family - time to go?

Hemmings family - time to go?

• Total voters
Was this the "project" that Freddy Woodman was sold? Or Andre Gray nearly accepted? Cyrus Christie?

The guy is covering his arse and blinding people with his waffle.
I've no idea what we offered those players wages wise. Or how serious we were in the offers. But, I think it would have been under the understanding (at certain levels of the heirachy) that Riis would have to be sold to pay for it all.

In August when all our other targets had fell away, we were left with the option of selling Riis but buying no one. Something that no doubt would have excited some of the Hemmings clan.

If we are aiming for self sufficiency (and a cost neutral future) then a £10m+ wage bill would be the aim i.e. a 9k average player wage which many of the current squad could be accommodated on.

We can still have the odd Woodman. As long as we have the odd Olosunde type to bring down that overall wage budget. Next summer when 10 more players are out of contract including the costly DJ, we will be another step closer.

One reason we are dealing almost exclusively in short term one year deals is that we could soon switch to a £10m+ budget instantaneously if we so desired.

I find this thread to be a bit offensive to the Hemmings family actually.
It's not even a year yet since TH sadly passed away and despite what are probably many complex issues regarding his various business interests , probate, HMRC, inheritance taxes etc etc, a number of people on here just want CH to blow 20 mil on a striker and pay him 4 imes the rest of the squad while we're at it.
I may be in the minority but I actually like the fact that we're a prudently run club that pays it's bills.
Admittedly it would have been nice to have got Archer back but we are a decent solid side that doesn't concede many.
We aren't getting 12 point deductions for going into administration etc.
Be careful what you wish for!

I've literally never seen anyone say they expect anything like spending £20m on a striker.

Its just a simple fact that if they want to run the club by putting a lot less in than when Trevor was alive & the man they're relying on to do this is Peter Ridsdale, we're going down, soon probably.

Everyone is aware there are a lot of rogues out there that could see us in a lot worse position than we are now. But there are also a lot of good examples of football club owners as well.

All we need is the owners to come out and tell us what the hell is going on. The silence from them is deafening if we knew I'm sure the majority would just get on with it, good or bad it is what it is at least the fans would know .

What a way to run a club when the heart and soul are kept in the dark all the time. Is it any wonder folk will turn away when they don't feel part of it.

All we need is the owners to come out and tell us what the hell is going on. The silence from them is deafening if we knew I'm sure the majority would just get on with it, good or bad it is what it is at least the fans would know .

What a way to run a club when the heart and soul are kept in the dark all the time. Is it any wonder folk will turn away when they don't feel part of it.
what’s going on is the same that has been going on for years , you don’t need me to spell that out do you. I didn’t for one minute think that things were going to change this season . So why did all you lot on here think that ? No one ever said we was going to change . . Or did they and I’ve missed it ! Season tickets were cheaper ,so lots bought one , presuming we were going on a spending spree ! I honestly don’t get it . Course I wish we’d go splashing the cash , but it’s not going to happen . Can’t sell coz no buyers . End of .

Yes, you missed it. But you're not here to read, you're here to spam pro-club messages.
Its an opinion pal , as everyone keeps saying . still waiting for someone to show me who said what re the spending spree we forgot to go on .

I find this thread to be a bit offensive to the Hemmings family actually.
It's not even a year yet since TH sadly passed away and despite what are probably many complex issues regarding his various business interests , probate, HMRC, inheritance taxes etc etc, a number of people on here just want CH to blow 20 mil on a striker and pay him 4 imes the rest of the squad while we're at it.
I may be in the minority but I actually like the fact that we're a prudently run club that pays it's bills.
Admittedly it would have been nice to have got Archer back but we are a decent solid side that doesn't concede many.
We aren't getting 12 point deductions for going into administration etc.
Be careful what you wish for!
What are you talking about? We wanted him to blow £30 million, not 20!

Jesus wept.

what’s going on is the same that has been going on for years , you don’t need me to spell that out do you. I didn’t for one minute think that things were going to change this season . So why did all you lot on here think that ? No one ever said we was going to change . . Or did they and I’ve missed it ! Season tickets were cheaper ,so lots bought one , presuming we were going on a spending spree ! I honestly don’t get it . Course I wish we’d go splashing the cash , but it’s not going to happen . Can’t sell coz no buyers . End of .

Rubbish, no one expects that and never have, we are just asking for a forward thinking infrastructure............... During ST sales all the noises coming out of the club were positive just like all the supporters that rallied round to lift the atmos.......... One side didn't let the other down but it wasn't reciprocated............. And for what it's worth I think Lowe is " piggy in the middle " who got stiffed too but now has to tow the line....

Its an opinion pal , as everyone keeps saying . still waiting for someone to show me who said what re the spending spree we forgot to go on .
Maybe pictures will help.
3500.jpg
This is Darnell Fisher. He left in January 2021. We are still waiting to replace him. The earliest we can do so, will be two whole years after he left. Do you think that's acceptable?
Large.jpeg
This is Sean Maguire. He signed an extension two years ago keeping him here til Summer 2023. He's scored four goals since signing the deal.

Stop defending this bullshit regime.

None of us has time to "show you" anything. Read the fucking forum for yourself. Or just continue doing what you're doing - no reading, just yapping.
I’m not going to read this forum to see what the club has ”said” numpty . Coz everything on here is bollocks , and opinion ( fair enough ) not fact ! As you know , NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID RE SPENDING 😂.