PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rate the movie you've last seen

Prey on Disney plus.

A skilled Comanche warrior protects her tribe from a highly evolved alien predator that hunts humans for sport, fighting against wilderness, dangerous colonisers and this mysterious creature to keep her people safe.

It’s the first Predator film I’ve watched and I really enjoyed it.

8/10

Prey on Disney plus.

A skilled Comanche warrior protects her tribe from a highly evolved alien predator that hunts humans for sport, fighting against wilderness, dangerous colonisers and this mysterious creature to keep her people safe.

It’s the first Predator film I’ve watched and I really enjoyed it.

8/10
I watched it last week and thought it was pretty good with a few subtle reference to the original Predator film starring big Arnie.
The original Predator film ranks as one of my favourite films as a teenager, along with the Lost Boys, Goonies and Stand By Me.

Ledge- 2/10. Netflix film, awful acting, awful storyline, don't bother watching it.

Paddington 2- 3/10. Despite a film with lots of big names, they turned a children's TV bear into something too serious, as they always seem to do with these new adaptations. The scene when Paddington was close to death by drowning is an example.

Army of Thieves- Switched off 3-45mins in. Had a typical heist film vibe, with spatters of mild humour and a zombie apocalypse in the background. Apparently this film was part of some loose trilogy of films by a director who's work I'm not familiar with. Maybe I just didn't get the director's style. Can't really rate it.

Think you’re being unjustifiably harsh on Paddington.

A bit of jeopardy is hardly an unusual plot device.

Watched the Elvis film last night and really enjoyed it. The casting was excellent and there was times when it was hard to work out which was acting and which was actual footage. Tom Hanks was excellent as the crooked, weasle manager of Elvis, who used him as his cash cow to pay off his gambling debts.
Quite sad towards the end, 9/10

Prey - Disney+

Proper shite. Absolute cak. Looks and feels like it's been made by a high-school drama group.

The wardrobe, CGI, writing and much of the acting is shocking.

Classic 'modern' Disney garbage.

3/10

Prey - Disney+

Proper shite. Absolute cak. Looks and feels like it's been made by a high-school drama group.

The wardrobe, CGI, writing and much of the acting is shocking.

Classic 'modern' Disney garbage.

3/10

Is that the film that's supposed to be about the origin of the Predator or something like that?

United. Netflix. The story of the Busby Babes and the munich disaster. Good watch. 7/10

Memento. Netflix. Guy Pearce the main role in a film about a man who suffers from short term memory loss and tries to find who killed his wife. Very good watch. 8/10

I Came By on Netflix. 7/10.

British thriller with familiar faces. Bit more gruesome than expected but watchable and a bit unpredictable.

Not copying Portishead I swear...

I Came By.

A film about a graffiti artist who enters a high profile judges house, things get out of control.

I thought the film was good, but the ending was really lame.
The amount of times people write good storylines but for whatever reason seem to lose it at the end is just silly.

If it wasn't for the originality of the film I'd give it 6/10, but 7/10 is what I'll score it.

We also watched The House, a series of stop start motion films. Admittedly we only got as far as the first one which comprised of a family made of what looked like pompom fibres who move into this strange house. Just a bit too random for me but I thought the creativity of the figurines was really good. It felt like a bit of a Wallace and Gromit meets Tim Burton sort of thing... There were three other segments involving different storylines characters etc. Couldn't be bothered to watch. 7/10.