PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...all-with-president-zelenskyy-6-september-2022
The Prime Minister spoke to the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, this evening to reiterate the United Kingdom’s steadfast support for Ukraine’s freedom and democracy.
In her first call with a counterpart since becoming Prime Minister, she reiterated to the Ukrainian leader that he had her full backing, and Ukraine could depend on the UK’s assistance for the long term.
What a joke, not one European country have sent aid to Ukraine since June, despite promises, all Nato countries have stopped giving aid, the only country still supporting Ukraine financially, and with weapons is the US who are pumping billions in support.

Germany reckons they can't afford to give weapons as they are trying to meet their 2% commitment to Nato in building their military contribution.

Why not just train the part time workers to be the new work coaches?

Can anyone fully explain this policy. I think I understand the downside to those that can only work up to 9 hrs due to their circs. Does it also allow people who currently work less than 9hrs to work up to 15hrs without now having their benefits affected. Whereas if they wanted to previously they would be penalised.

Can anyone fully explain this policy. I think I understand the downside to those that can only work up to 9 hrs due to their circs. Does it also allow people who currently work less than 9hrs to work up to 15hrs without now having their benefits affected. Whereas if they wanted to previously they would be penalised.
Feature in Guardian I think

Feature in Guardian I think

Ta. That was the original article I read I think, but it didnt really fully explain what happened to your benefits if you now worked between 9-15 hrs per week. Currently im assuming theres a disincentive operating at these working levels such that people that might want to work additional hrs dont do so because their benefits are reduced/cut. So is that disincentive now being removed (i e. theres an upside at least to those that want to work additional hrs) or is it not but if you dont do extra hours if offered, you lose all your benefits. Or to put it bluntly is it all stick, or carrot and stick.

Probably not our Port. That would be too kind.

You will have to keep a record of how long you have been actively seeking a job/more hours to show your work coach.
Thus.....
Searching website for jobs...1 hour
Sending application/filling out form for the job...1 hour
Filling out the forms that are nothing to do with the job but are asking about your ethnicity/religion etc....8 hours
Sat waiting response from employer....3,657 hours.

Thanks for the information. I stand corrected. I was led to understand that Truss and Johnson travelled seperate to see HM at Balmoral. Would you know if that is correct?

Like you, I raised more than an eyebrow that Truss and Johnson traveled separately. It did say on the news that it was for security reasons.

Without knowing the details, I guess we can never be sure how important those reasons were - but on reflection, I mentally gave them a bit of slack on this one - as much as I hate them! The whole process of relinquishing or taking over the leadership must be hectic as hell - and they may well have needed to start from and return to different locations. Not too unreasonable imo

The tory poodle demonising the BofE for raising interest rates to try to rescue the country from rampant inflation resulting from Truss"s untrammeled borrowing in order to spend recklessly. Always someone elses fault for crap govt.

Norwich City ' Let's be having ( the tax payer ? ) , Daily Mirror's Susie Boniface re Emily Thornberry's letter querying , the then Foreign Office Minister Liz Truss's expenses