PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fracking

The founder of quadrilla even says it's not financially viable to frack our shale gas.
That the government's fracking support is purely a political move, make it look like you're doing something, even if you aren't really.
That it will fail because no serious investors will come forward.

The founder of quadrilla even says it's not financially viable to frack our shale gas.
That the government's fracking support is purely a political move, make it look like you're doing something, even if you aren't really.
As Ed alludes to above.

Very interesting article - and it does match the information I have read while researching this. Not commercially viable - move on and try something else!

Its funny that the fuckwits think that Russia meddled in the US elections, meddled in Brexit, meddled in various other shit, yet find it so unbelievable that they meddled in the anti fracking movement.

Talk about selective thinking. It’s fucking hilarious.

I think that everyones laughing at mogg trying to justify it...

Why is it so unbelievable?

I didn't say it was and don't really care............. I'm just laughing at mogg coming out with that crap in order to support the reversal of a decision in favour of big business........ And yes I know you've been connected to the industry..

I didn't say it was and don't really care............. I'm just laughing at mogg coming out with that crap in order to support the reversal of a decision in favour of big business........ And yes I know you've been connected to the industry..
Gas price is rising, gas demand is rising, gas supply is falling and blackouts are a big possibility. But it’s all in the aid of big business?

Bollocks, it’s all in the aid of investigating the size of our own gas supply. Nothing else.

Very interesting article - and it does match the information I have read while researching this. Not commercially viable - move on and try something else!
Cornelius’ one area of expertise is undermined by Francis Egan, current CEO of Cuadrilla, who wrote to the Guardian rebutting his geological assertions:

“Mr Cornelius left Cuadrilla more than a decade ago and has not been involved in the coring, fracking or flow testing of recent wells by Cuadrilla and other industry players, and does not have the most recently available data. His knowledge base is more than a little dated and we completely disagree with the conclusions he consequently draws.”

Gas price is rising, gas demand is rising, gas supply is falling and blackouts are a big possibility. But it’s all in the aid of big business?

Bollocks, it’s all in the aid of investigating the size of our own gas supply. Nothing else.

I know we've been piss poor at managing our energy.. Bit like PNE short term vision

What in gods name has your tirade got to do with fracking?